"Go away," Jungkook mumbles quietly, but still loud enough for Taehyung to hear the sharpness in his voice. Taehyung doesn't say anything, silence ridden all over his body and mind. He came in here thinking that he was just going to open up, explain everything to Jungkook, and now, he was sitting in front of the angered, sad bunny and he sees that's it's going to be harder than the thought. Soon, Taehyung opens his mouth, trying to think of the best way to speak, or well, the best way to start to speak. But when Jungkook glares at him, his mouth clamps shut.

After a while, Jungkook sighs exhaustedly, "Taehyung, what are you doing here?" But once more, Taehyung can't bring himself to answer. Instead, his blue eyes shift down to his fingers, that were timidly playing with themselves as he tried to rid of his cowardness once more. Jungkook, tired of feeling like he was talking to a brick wall, stands up slowly, looking down at Taehyung, "I came here to be alone, and once again, you had to follow me and ruin my peace. And on top of that, you're just sitting here in silence, so I'm leaving Taehyung. Do what you want."

He sighs, quickly collecting his things, rushing out. But before he can, a soft, gentle hand is on his wrist, stopping him from leaving. Jungkook gasps, tingles running up from his arm to his heart, but he immediately shakes that feeling off, to look at Taehyung with confusion. Taehyung's eyes are downcast, hair falling into his sad cerulean eyes. And Jungkook almost feels sorry for him. But then is reminded with the past, and anger overcomes his feelings again.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung mumbles softly, his voice deep as always, but this time, concealing an emotions that Jungkook just couldn't put his fingers on.

Jungkook doesn't reply, but instead, pushes Taehyung's hand away, "you don't need to feel sorry for liking someone else. I'm not petty. I'm not an idiot. I know when my feelings aren't going to be returned," Jungkook bites out, and Taehyung freezes. "No, i– it's not that. I'm sorry for everything."

And that's when the hard expression and Jungkook's face starts to melt, the ice cold harshness heating up once more, and now he's stripped away for what he's worth, staring at Taehyung with shock and confusion. He's...sorry?

Taehyung sighs, sitting down on the wooden bench, letting his head fall down into his hands with a groan. Jungkook just watches Taehyung in silence. It was clear that Taehyung was struggling to control his words and actions, so Jungkook didn't interfere. If Taehyung had something he wanted to say to Jungkook then he had to get there by himself, with no help, otherwise it wasn't genuine.

After a while, Taehyung looks back up with a sudden girth in his eyes. "I know you're not petty Koo," there it was. That damn nickname that made Jungkook want to fall to his knees everytime Taehyung uttered it, "but I was. I'm so sorry for causing you pain all those years ago."

Shock drips onto Jungkook like the first few raindrops before a storm, and his fingers shake as he sits down next to Taehyung, still silent, an unknown force delaying his speech. Abruptly, Taehyung turns to Jungkook, taking his hands into his own larger ones, holding them tightly.

"I...I was jealous of you. All those years ago. And that's why I ended our friendship."

"What?"

Taehyung sighs, distraught written all over his body and expression, "when my dad left," Taehyung began, and Jungkook immediately froze, Taehyung talking about his dad was a soft spot, or a nerve that no one should hit because when Taehyung does, he turns into a ticking time bomb, "I thought I had lost my one and only hero. He left and he promised that he would come and see me. That he wouldn't leave me and mum all alone. But not once in those few weeks did he come by and check up on us. At first I had thought that he wanted to give us time to settle into the feeling of not having him around, but then those weeks turned into months, and then years and now a decade."