005

We came back from the pier in time to grab dinner with George and Wilbur at a nearby pub. When we entered the restaurant I realized that Clay and I were holding hands and I quickly let go as we approached the booth where the other two boys were.
"So what did you guys do?" Wilbur asked after we had ordered our drinks. Clay and I exchanged glances for a second before either of us responded.
"Went to the pier, played a lot of games." I said, thinking about all the money I blew on rigged carnival games.
"Obviously neither of us won anything." Clay said, motioning to our empty hands.
Our drinks and food eventually came, and we had a good time. I liked hanging out with these guys, I felt comfortable. It felt like a breather compared to when I was playing games with them. After eating, we parted ways and went back to our places. As George and I walked back to his flat, he gave me a smug side eye.
"What is it, Gregory?" I said, raising an eyebrow.
"I saw what you and Clay were doing when you entered the pub." He said with a smirk. I looked at him like a deer in headlights.
"He was just shaken up after riding a roller coaster, is all. He's scared of heights." I said, trying to act calm. Clay had long calmed down from what happened on the coaster, so at that point we were consciously doing it.
"Mhm, sure Emmy. Sure." George hummed. I lightly punched him in the arm.
"You prick you don't believe me!" I exclaimed. "I swear that's all it was."
"Ok, I'll believe you. Just this once." He stated.

As soon as it started, it was over. After a week of being with the three other boys, it was time to fly back home. George dropped Clay and I off at the airport before taking Wilbur back home. We went through security together and waited until our gate time. I was the first to go, but Clay was set to go shortly after I would.
"Ugh, I don't want to leave." He complained as we waited in line to get Starbucks. I gave him a comforting look.
"I know, but at least we still can play games together." I reminded him.
"Yeah, but that's not the same." He continued as it became my turn to order.
After about an hour of waiting, it was my time to leave, and Clay followed me to my gate to say goodbye. He pulled me into a tight hug, which made it tough for me to breathe because my head was being held tightly in his chest.
"Clay I gotta go." I said, muffled by his hoodie. He let out a sigh before pulling away.
"Promise me you'll text me when you land?" He asked as he held out his pinky. I chuckled and linked mine with his.
"Pinky promise. Goodbye Clay." I said before picking up my bag.
"Bye Emmy." Clay said with a small smile.
I boarded my flight and quickly fell into a sleep that I hoped would last the majority of the flight.

When I did land, I texted Clay like I had promised, and found that he had already landed in Florida as his text came in on my phone. If only I lived on the east coast. I made my way to baggage claim before getting on the bus and heading back to my condo. When I got home I quickly unpacked and threw all my things in the laundry before hopping in the shower to rid myself of airport germs. Once I got out I found that Clay was trying to call my phone and answered once I had wrapped myself in a towel.
"Hey! I just got done with my shower. What's the rush?" I asked as I walked to my room.
"I wanna play games online." He whined. I laughed.
"Oh I'd love too, but I really want to sleep and take a break from being social. That okay?" I asked. I heard him let out a sound of protest.
"Alright, I'll let you sleep. I should probably sleep too." He muttered.
"Yeah, you should. Sweet dreams." I said, putting emphasis on dreams.
"Haha, very funny. Sleep well." Clay said sarcastically before hanging up.