𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦?

En başından başla

Debbie took in deep breaths, "Is the baby okay?" She asked, I stood up to watch V pick up the baby.

"Yeah," I said, "She's great," I smiled as I looked over at Debbie's face.

She gasped before she spoke, "She?"

V swaddled the baby, walking over to Debbie as she sat up, a smile on her face as she held her baby, "You did your amazing," I said to her, impressed with how well she did for having a home birth, especially at her age.

"My daughter, she's so big..." She said softly, "Hi, Frances, do you recognize my voice?"

Lip and I looked over at one another, "Frances?" He questioned her as he looked back at her.

"After her grandfather."

"Frank?"

Everyone exchanged confused looks then shrugged. The ambulance showed up not long after, we all walked out with them to see where she was going, "We'll be taking her to Rush," The EMT said to us. Kev looked over at Debbie as they loaded her into the back of the ambulance.

"We'll be right behind you, Debs," Kev said to her, Fiona took a step forward, clearly to ride with Debbie.

"I'm coming too," Fiona said to one of the EMTs and Debbie shook her head.

"Uh- no, that's okay..." Debbie said to Fiona and Fiona stopped from getting up in the ambulance.

"You don't want me to come?"

"I- I do, but you were right... I need to do this on my own."

"Debbie- I..."

"It's just me."

The EMT went to shut the door, "Excuse me, miss," He said and Fiona stepped back, letting him close it and we watched as the ambulance drove away. 

❢◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤❢

Debbie got settled in at home with Franny, everything was going surprisingly smooth. I woke up and went downstairs to get some coffee, after the chaos of Debbie having her kid at home, I finally had a moment to catch up what was going on. Lip had gotten kicked out of his housing in the sorority. Fiona was going to marry Sean and I guess Carl had a girlfriend now. I guess that was all that I had to catch up on. I got to the coffee pot, I poured myself a cup and then leaned against he counter as Lip walked into the kitchen, looking up the stairs, Franny was wailing and crying, "She's got a set of lungs on her, doesn't she?" I commented. 

"Yeah," He sounded tired as he walked over to pour himself a cup of coffee, sipping it before he leaned himself against the counter near me. "How long do you think she can keep going?"

"Uh- I think she stopped for at least 30 minutes last night, not sure."

Fiona walked into the kitchen now, letting out a yawn before she also poured herself a cup of coffee, "That sounds like a hunger cry," Fiona mentioned as she stood there, "Debs might not be producing enough like, might need a supplement with formula. Someone should tell her."

Lip raised a brow, "Not you?" He asked.

Fiona turned to look at us, blowing on her coffee, shaking her head, "It's none of my business," She scoffed, "She's made that abundantly clear," She took a small, careful sip of her coffee, "She's not sleeping, eating, showering... I wished she'd let one of you just hold the baby."

"Maybe she has postpartum depression?" I asked, Fiona shrugged.

"Girls go feral in corners and gouge anyone's eyes out who get too close," Lip laughed. I rolled my eyes as Sean walked in, sitting down at the table.