Chapter Fourteen

Niall:

I woke up the next morning with a major headache and a body curled up on the other side of the bed. Quietly, I got out of bed to see that I was only in boxers.

The body shifted under the blankets and I heard a whisper, "Niall.."

Thank god it's Louis. "Hey Lou," I said while sitting down. Playing with his hair, I asked, "You hungry?"

He shook his head. "It hurts," he whispered.

"What does?"

He moved away from my hand. "My head." He faced the other way and I heard a heavy breath from him.

"I'll get you some water and ibuprofen."

I put some sweats on and went to get those. Our friends were all sleeping in the living room. Surprisingly, it wasn't a mess.

Louis:

My head hurt and now I feel awkward about last night. I love Niall, I really do, but what if he doesn't love me back? Does last night mean something to him? He probably doesn't even remember it..

Niall:

Walking into the room, I noticed Louis still laying down in a ball. "Lou are you ok?"

He doesn't look at me. "Head just hurts," he mumbles.

"Ok," I set the glass and pills on the nightstand. "Take these when you feel that you need to."

He shuts is eyes tightly.

"I'm gonna get the others up ok?"

He nods. "What time is it?" he asks.

"A little after 11:00," I tell him. I run his arm and leave to get the others up and ibuprofen for them.

It's a routine we have after a party. First one awake gets others awake and all drink coffee and take ibuprofen to feel better and drown out alcohol smell. I can let Louis, Mike, and Zayn sleep though. They don't know the routine and I don't want to be the one they get mad at. Also, Lou looks like he is gonna fall asleep again anyways.

Louis:

When Niall walks in the room again, he sits on the other side of the bed. His phone starts buzzing and he answers, "Hello? No I'm fine... Yes I promise.. They're fine too.... Mum everything is going great. I'll call if we need anything.. Ok... No. No I understand.. Yeah, bye. Love you too."

I was almost asleep when I heard a quiet, "You asleep Lou?"

I didn't want to answer but I shook my head anyway, saying, "Almost."

It was quiet for a few minutes, feeling like hours. "Please look at me babe." I didn't move as tears formed in my eyes. The bed shifted and I felt arms wrap around me softly. "Please Lou?"

I pushed his arms away and curled up tighter. When I shook my head, the next words sounded like he was hurt.

"Lou please look at me," he whispered.

I allowed Niall to wrap his arms around me. Letting tears fall, I look at him.

"What's wrong Lou?" I didn't want to tell him. "Please tell me. If not then you can tell Michael or Zayn-"

"No," I mumbled across my hand.

Niall:

"Don't wanna tell them," he mumbled.

I felt him turn around and cuddle close to me. Rubbing his back, I whispered, "Ok babe."

"Niall what does last night mean?" he asked me quietly.

"What do you want it to mean?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. I just feel stupid asking because I don't want it to be awkward anymore. This isn't supposed to feel awkward or out of my control."

"You aren't stupid Louis. Why is it awkward to you?"

"I-I don't know," he cried out.

"Ok," I held him close. "It's ok baby. You're ok," I kissed the top of his head.

There was a knock at the door. "Hey your mum is in town. She just called the home phone," Calum said.

Louis looked up at me, nervous.

Calum:

"OPH," Niall says. I nod.

"What's OPH?" Louis asks.

"Operation Parents Home," I tell him. "We have a routine on if parents come home."

Louis nods. "What is the routine?"

"Clean up any mess that leads hints to the party. We drink a lot of coffee and pick up beer bottles, cans, or any cups that were used the night before," Niall explains.

"Harry's getting coffee."

The other two nod.

"I'll help clean," Louis says.

"Ok, you and I can get upstairs with Ashton," I tell him.

"I'll do kitchen duty," Niall says.

Then we get to work. Harry comes in with enough coffee for all of us to drown out the smell. Two for everyone.

"Ni told us that he was planning on not becoming king," Ash said to Louis as we picked up empty bottles.

"Really?"

"Yep. He said he would rather be the poorest man on earth if it meant being with you."

"Yeah. He's whipped for you Lou," I tell him.

Louis blushes. "He said that?"

"Not the him being whipped but he'd rather be with you over anything else." I smile at him.

He smiles back and changes the subject, "You and Luke good?" he asks Ashton.

He just shrugs. "He's been a little distant lately. I love him ya'know?"

Ashton:

Lou nods.

"You guys are inseparable."

"Thanks Cal," I say and check my phone.

BabyBoy ❤💜: See you then Ash ❤. 7:45 pm Sunday
Babe ❤: You busy Lukey? 6:00 pm Tuesday
Babe ❤: Babe see you at school tomorrow. Love you 💜💜 11:50 pm Tuesday
Babe ❤: Is everything ok baby? 4:35 pm Wednesday
Babe ❤: Luke are you ok? 2:00 pm Thursday
**read**

I sighed. "How has your life with Lilly been?" I asked Calum, putting my phone in my pocket.

"This whole thing sucks. She tries to be my mum. Plus the divorce is hurting Mum," he complains. "I don't like Lilly," he puffed out.

"I might be worth it if you give her a chance," Louis states. "At least you have people who want you around."

He scoffed. "I am most certainly not giving her a chance."

I focus on the last thing Louis said. "What do you mean by the last part?" I ask.

His eyes got big and he shrugged, hiding his worried look.