Chapter Five

Louis:

I was sitting on a bench outside. This house is a lot different than what I've ever gotten.

"Why're you out here by yourself?" I heard a voice ask.

Looking up, I told the voice, "I uh- Oh."

It was Niall. He smiled at me, "What? I'm not gonna bite."

I cleared my throat. "I don't do the whole.... Party thing."

"Really?"

I shrugged. "Not really."

"But you came here?"

"Uh yeah, well um. Zayn convinced Michael and I to go."

"Me. Michael and me."

"Oh?"

"..... Sorry."

I just sat there.

After a few moments of silence, Niall spoke up. "Follow me," he whispered in my ear.

"What?"

"Follow me," he repeated, louder.

"Uh."

He took my hand.

Niall:

I led Louis to the rooftop pool. When we made it, he stood in awe.

"Like it?"

He looked at me. "A little."

I smiled. "C'mon sit down."

At first, he looked worried but he sat down anyways.

"I uh, I saw you go to the Hecklers' place."

Louis got wide eyed.

"Sorry! Sorry, I just-"

"You know the Hecklers'?"

"A little, yeah. My parents donate to them."

He looked worried. "Oh.."

"Is everything alright?"

My response was a shrug. A couple seconds pass by before he speaks up. "I-I have to go.. To- I just have to... Sorry, I'm late and," he sighed at his loss for words. "Sorry." He walked off.

Michael:

Louis came from around the corner and walked right pass me. He looked... Nervous? I walked after him.

When I caught up, I grabbed his shoulder. "Louis!" I yelled over the music.

He ignored me, so I turned him around. "Mike, I-I have to go. Please."

Luckily, I understood his words. "Let's get Zayn," I said in his ear.

Lou shook his head. "I couldn't find him."

I nodded. Then we took off to the home. By the time we got inside, Louis was a little relaxed.

"Lou?" No answer. "Lou, what's wrong?" Still no answer. I turned him around. "Louis please answer me."

He shook his head with tears in his eyes. "I can't," he cried out.

I pulled him into a hug. "Ok.. It's ok." I kissed the top of his head. "Get changed and we can lay in bed, deal?"

Louis nodded.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Zayn:

I walked in the room to see Mikey and Louis cuddling in bed. Louis had his head on Michael's chest.

"You couldn't have gotten me?"

Michael shushed me. "No," he whispered.

"Why did you leave?"

Louis rubbed his eyes. "Mikey," he mumbled. "Don't want school tomorrow," Lou looked up at Mike, who held him closer.

"I know Lou. We left because we didn't feel like staying and you looked happy. So we let you stay," Michael told me.

"I would have left with you. What happened to Louis?"

He shrugged. "Let's just go to sleep. Please?"

I sighed, but nodded. "Only if I get to snuggle too."

Louis smiled and nodded. "Ok."

Wanting to be a bit dramatic, I jumped on top of them. That caused Mike to laugh and Lou to giggle. "I'll sleep here."

"I don't think so Malik," Mike chuckled.

Pretending to pout, I layed on the other side of Louis. "Fine," I told him, causing Michael to chuckle again.

After that, Lou snuggled into my side and we actually tried to fall asleep.

"Love you both," Louis mumbled into my chest.

"Love you."

"Love you too."