Chapter 10: Picture Perfect

Start from the beginning

"That's a girl's name right?" Minhyuk teased.

"Maybe he said SoHyun?" Eunkwang placed a hand over his mouth the moment he said that. Oops.

The other boys just glared at Eunkwang as if telling him that he had committed a grave sin. They have heard about what happened to Sungjae and SoHyun through Changsub. Sungjae could only shake his head.

"Aish. You guys are so noisy. Yes, she's a girl. Sooyoung is her name but don't even call her that. Her nickname's Joy. I'm the only one who calls her Sooyoung. She's my friend here so don't dare scaring her away" Sungjae said with the most serious tone his hyungs ever heard him do. His eyes were fixed on the road and he didn't even bother looking at them.Glares soon turned into meaningful smirks.

"Ohhh... a new friend, huh, maknae?" Minhyuk commented.

"We never knew names could be such a big deal. If she becomes my friend... I can call her Sooyoung too?" Ilhoon was obviously teasing Sungjae.

"Aish shut up! Just call her Joy! End of discussion. I'm getting distracted by all of you. When did you ever see anyone's boss drive for his employees?" Sungjae's brows were already knitted close to each other. He also doesn't know why he's getting irritated with such a small matter.

"Alright. We're sorry, maknae. It's your birthday. We'll have fun, okay? Now play some music!!!" Eungkwang tries to lift the mood into a cheerful one again.

Soon enough, the mood did change and everybody was already in their happy state. In no time, they reached Changsub and were finally on the way to the Yook's unit.

"I can't wait to meet Joy. Seems like our maknae has finally moved on, huh?" Minhyuk whispered to Eunkwang while others were singing their lungs out.

"Looks like it. We better treat her well, then" Eunkwang nodded contentedly.

———

Joy and Mrs. Yook, on the other hand, had finished all the dishes for Sungjae's party. They turned out to be a great team hence making the tasks easier.

"Mrs. Yook, may I just leave for a bit? I, um, would just like to fix myself before they arrive" Joy shyly asked. Her shirt was covered with small stains and her hair was a mess. She also didn't like her smell as she had sweat a lot earlier. She was embarrassed at the thought of presenting herself in this state in front of Sungjae and his hyungs.

"Of course, my dear. You worked so hard. Thank you for your help. I'll get ready myself, too" Mrs. Yook smiled at her assuringly.

Joy went straight to her unit to take a quick warm shower. With the amount of energy she had spent today, she doesn't even know if she could last until late afternoon. Yet her heart was really excited. This was new to her.

She then opened her locker and tried to decide what to wear. She kind of wants to dress to impress, but she also didn't want to overdo it. Her eyes scanned her rack and a white dress caught her eye.

Hmm. I haven't worn this for such a long time. This will probably do?

After setting herself in the dress, she now sat in front of a mirror with her make up bag in one hand. She wanted to put a simple make up and maybe put her hair in very loose curls. She can't even remember when was the last party she had attended, so she wanted to prepare for this one well.

Oh, great. I haven't done this for a long time. Here goes nothing...

———

Sungjae and his hyungs finally arrived in time for his lunch party. The moment they entered the unit, their eyes were wide and their mouths turned into 'O's. All of them were fixated to the fennec-fox designed cake at the center. The food looked appetizing and the smell was out of this world, but the cake really stood out. Even Sungjae was left dumbfounded by its design.