Epiloque

One year later

Jennifer sat with a heart full of pride and a face full of smiles as Kola was called out to give his speech.

They were at the ceremony where Kola was to be officially recognized as the new owner of his dad's company. He had been working under his dad for over a year and that day was meant to officially announce to the public that he was now the new CEO of the company. The guests present were not so much as attendance was strictly by invitation but then, Jennifer and Kola's family and friends were all around, along with a few selected members of the press.

Kola planted a quick kiss on Jennifer's lips before going on stage. He shook hands with the anchor of the ceremony and received the mic from him.

"Today is a very important day for me, not just because I got officially recognized as the new owner of my dad's company but because this same day makes it exactly nine months since I  tied the knot with my gorgeous wife Jennifer." Kola looked at Jennifer who had a beautiful smile on her face, proud that her husband always found a means to tell the whole world how important she was to him. She had gotten married to Kola in grand style three months after he had proposed to her.

"I really don't think that I would be standing here today if not for my wife and so I would love to share this stage today with her. So please, let's welcome my beautiful wife, Jennifer, the CEO of Jenny's clothing line." Kola stretched forth his hands to where Jennifer was seated.

A round of applause followed as Jennifer walked towards Kola in her red satin dress.

"I know she is gorgeous y'all but don't stare too much. She stuns me everytime too," Kola said and there was an uproar of laughter. He took Jennifer's hands as she got on stage with him and kissed her.

"Meet the lady behind my success everyone," Kola announced and there was another round of applause which was of course followed by the flashes of different cameras around.

"Thank you Jenny, for being my strength all these months. I love you." Kola spoke with eyes filled with admiration.

"I love you too Kola," Jennifer said and they shared another kiss before they both walked down together to their table.

The ceremony came to an end soon after their lovely speech and they stayed around to greet their guests. Jennifer's parents and Johnson were the first ones to come to congratulate them. Next was Kola's parents and Cynthia who came to give their congratulations.

Kola couldn't contain his smile when he saw his best friend, Femi, coming along with Chidinma who was carrying their seven-month-old baby boy, Daniel.

Femi gave Kola a vigorous handshake when he finally got to where he was with Jennifer while Chidinma hugged Jennifer.

"Congrats Kola. You just made it to the list of under forty CEO's in the country." Femi said with a grin. Kola was just thirty-one.

"Thank you so much Femi," Kola replied and playfully touched the cheek of Femi's son.

"Congratulations Kola. We're so proud of you," Chidinma spoke.

"Thank you Chidinma," Kola replied with a grateful heart.

Jennifer and Kola were still chatting happily with Femi and Chidinma when Mary and Kayode came along to drop their own congratulations. Mary was heavily pregnant with her first child but that didn't stop her from being her usual bubbly self; talking and laughing loudly about random stuff.

After having a lovely moment of greeting friends, families and colleagues, Jennifer went along with Kola to have a very brief press conference, where they addressed the questions from the members of the press.