Chapter 26: Hitman

Start from the beginning

"R-right."

"But I still get this feeling. Something like, death. My entire body is shaking because of that. I'm fearing death for the first time which I'm surprised of myself."

"Levi........"

"I just can't afford to die right now, not when my brother is captured. If it mean the end of me in return for the safety of Gasper, then God forbids me that I'll do it again and again."

(Okay before you guys get confused, Levi only called out God's name because he lost his memories and had no knowledge that he killed him. So before he lost his memories, he always used to regard him as a hope for reuniting with his brother.)

"Levi, don't say such things. You will be fine, I know it. How many time have you went through the same situation but still managed to come out alive? You don't have to doubt your strength."

"Hmph, maybe you are right."

"I'm always right."

Sona and Levi chuckled together.

"Listen, I got to go. I want to check on her."

"Understandable, take care."

Before hanging up the phone, Sona quickly said.

"Oh and Levi, be careful. Azazel and his subordinate Kokabiel are after you, along with Sirzech contracts."

The phone hung up much to his confusion.

"Kokabiel? I thought he was locked up. What is he doing with Azazel and Sirzech? So they are finally acting now they got enough of me?"

Levi sighed at the thought of it and simply prepared the breakfast. He then brought another plate with eggs and bacon with him and went down to the basement. There he saw, Asia being held captive and tied up with ropes and blindfold. She heard the footsteps and started shaking while shrieking in fear.

"I hope you excuse my rudeness. I understand you are scared of me. But believe me, I mean no harm to you. Afterall, I heard you were famous around the Europe for your extisque healing power."

Levi put down a plate and went behind Asia, before loosening the knot around her hands. Asia shakenly removed the blindfold and shrieked even more due to close presence of Levi.

"Here, you need it."

Levi gave her a plate of food and also gave her a glass of orange juice. Asia took it and drank slightly. Levi sat down opposite to her and sighed.

"I normally don't do this kind of things. But knowing you well, you are more kind and honest than most of the devils, or should I say, former Saint. How low you had fallen down............"

Asia silently crumbled the food, since she hadn't eaten from night.

"I hope you forgive me, for what I am doing to you. You should know that it's for the best."

Suddenly feeling anger, Asia looked at Levi with pure hatred. This shocked Levi as he once saw himself in her. Asia cried a little bit of tears and gritted her in anger.

"Forgive you? No, I don't think I will."

Levi regained his composure and stared blank at her. Asia failed to stop the tears falling down her eyes.

"What did God do to deserve death? After believing in someone so much, you just took our faith, our last hope away from us. And for what? Over just some petty revenge?"

"Let me tell you this. Being caught up in emotion will only give you blind side of the truth. Why do you think war was still going even after what they stood for? Trust me, God's death was necessary."