22. One

Verona, Italy

Dear Zeus,

I don't know how many times I've tried writing this letter for you. If I count the papers where I have written the letters for you --- I guess it will reach a million rim of papers.

I don't even know why I am writing you this. All I know is that I am in Verona -the city of tragic love but I can't really imagine our love ending in a tragic kind of way. Up until now I believe with what you have said to me --- that you will give me the happy ending that I deserve. I'm waiting ---still waiting because I never lost faith in you. You know it's kinda funny because I said that we both needed three years but I can't seem to think of another morning without you.

By the way, this is supposed to be a letter for Juliet. But I ended up writing a letter for you. You see, they have here an altar for Juliet Capulet - the one they had on that movie we watched together one rainy night. I hope you still remember that. The Juliet Ladies told me that if I write a letter to Juliet my love wish will come true. Apparently Juliet is a wishing machine - that if you wish to her, she'll grant it because she didin't want the endings to be like hers.

Guess what's my wish?

I wish for our happy ending. The two of us together walking hand in hand as we both face tomorrow in each other's arms.

I am a fool for believing that I can love another man. I can never love another man - I can never find someone like you, Zeus. You're so selfless. I never thougt that a man would want to give me everything in life - that a man would actually part his life just to make me happy. I am so touched.

I know that I was never a perfect girlfriend to you - I thought of replacing you, of hurting you. I kissed another man and I made out with him. It's unforgivable but there you are and your still willing to accept me as I am. I love you, Zeus.

I will never get tired of writing that, saying that and making you feel that. I love you so much, I love you to the moon and back. I will love you till the Earth finish it's rotation, I will love you tomorrow, today and yesterday. My love will reach heaven, my love will reach hell - or your brother's pad - you know - the underworld.

If I am reincarnated, I will look for your soul and be with you again. If I have to replay what happened to us just to have you back in my life I will still go through the pain but I'll make a better choice. I'll wait for you. I will never do the mistakes I did while in pain. I love you Zeus.

I learned a lot from your selfless love. I love you so much. I wish I can say this to you face to face.

Two nights ago, I couldn't sleep because of what I heard on the other line while talking to your sister Athena. You said and I quote that I was born to love Gianna Franceska Consunji - Dela Monte. It was amazing how you're seas away and yet you could still make my knees shake. I didn't know if I heard a canon bomb that moment of it was my heart pounding with so much joy...

How can you be so patient with me? Mom said that love is always the answer and now I understand her. When it comes to love, everything is invalid. Love is the only thing that never changes in this world. Love is as permanent as change. Love is the reason why everything is colorful and magical and in our case, love is the reason why we are what we are...

I love you Zeus...

I'll be home soon.

With so much love and faith,

Your sweet little Gianna.

I smiled at I put the letters in one of the bricks on the infamous Juliet's wall. Nakakatuwang isipin na halos mag-iisang taon na ako dito sa Verona at sa araw na ito, naisip kong bumalik na. Balikan ang taong naghihintay sa akin. Si Zeus. Hindi ko naman na kayang patagalin ang tatlong taon pa. Noong ika-anim na buwan na hindi ko siya kasama, wala akong ginawa kundi ang umiyak nang umiyak. Akala ko kaya kong paninidigan na nandito ako at siya ay nandoon habang hinahanap ang aming mga sarili. Just like what Casiel said - pwede ko namang hanapin ang sarili ko nang kasama si Zeus pero mas pinili kong magkalayo muna kami. I want him to be sure of his feelings for me.