Chapter 5

Chapter 5

●●●

The next time Taehyung visited Jungkook the boy wasn't looking too good. He was lying on his back, in the middle of the cell, and when Taehyung entered he only gave a short nod of acknowledgment. His face was pale. Eyes bloodshot.

When Taehyung looked closer, he noticed Jungkook's body shaking ever so softly.

"Hey." Taehyung greeted as he sat down on the usual spot right in front of the glass screen. "You look awful."

Jungkook chuckled before starting to wheeze loudly and coughing. "You think so?" He watched as Jungkook brought his shaking hand down to his stomach. "Whatever they did today, it was strong. My whole body hurts."

That had to be horrible. Taehyung knew that, since Jungkook could escape so easily, they normally used really strong narcotics to knock him out cold before they did their experiments. From what Taehyung had heard the amount they used would have been lethal to any human, but it was the only way to get Jungkook down. By the time Jungkook came back to himself, they always had done all kinds of things to his body, but Jungkook never knew what exactly they had done. Probably the only indicator of what had happened was the pain.

Taehyung couldn't help but wonder if this was going to end at some point or if they would just keep doing this, completely ignoring the fact that there was someone on the receiving end of their experiments.

Even if Jungkook had done horrible shit before... this was too much. Yeah, Jungkook seemed to regenerate at a rate that would have been impossible for a human, but that didn't mean they could do anything to him. It really pissed Taehyung off.

"I'll tell them to give you a break tomorrow..." He was unsure if saying this would go too far... but then again, he was no longer working here so he just went for it. The way he was treating Jungkook right now wasn't the way he usually talked to clients. It was already too personal, so it really didn't matter anymore.

He just wanted to make Jungkook feel a little better with his presence. Even if he could only do this much.

"I hate seeing you like this. I know that's no consolation, but I think what they are doing to you here is awful. This is torture."

Jungkook chuckled, dropping his head back down on the floor and staring at the ceiling. "I'd say it isn't, but then I think about how I'm feeling right now and I think you might be right. I'd be a hypocrite to speak up though. I've probably hurt people more than this before."

Jungkook lifted his hand up staring up at his fingers. "I probably deserve this." He chuckled, but his voice didn't sound too amused.

"No one deserves this. Yeah, you've done shit in the past, and just like the things that are happening to you right now that wasn't right. Neither is right. This shouldn't be happening to you." Taehyung sighed. Jungkook really didn't deserve this. No matter what he had done before... this was just...

"Why work here if you're against what they do?" Jungkook asked, grunting as he sat up while applying pressure to his side. Taehyung wondered if there was something on his skin. Or if they had done anything in there.

Taehyung really wouldn't have been too surprised if they had just cut Jungkook open.

"The reason I'm here is not because I agree with anything they are doing. I'm here because there is nothing I can do about this situation aside from sitting here and talking to you. I'm completely powerless. The only thing I can do is help you kill some time."

For a few seconds, Jungkook just looked at him, seemingly contemplating what to say next. He still looked fucking rough. Dark bags under his eyes, his usually confident, straight posture now hunched over, probably because of the pain.

"You're not just helping me kill time though. I..." Once again Jungkook looked a little hesitant. "... am having fun when you're here. Talking is nice. I didn't realize how much I missed having someone to talk to until we started actually talking."

Taehyung couldn't help the wide smile spreading on his lips. Even in this kind of situation... that was nice to hear. Maybe in a different situation... he and Jungkook could have been friends

"I'm glad to hear that. I've been enjoying talking to you a lot recently." Wow, that had sounded stiff.

But Jungkook just smiled before dropping back onto the floor, groaning exhaustedly. "I hate my body right now. Everything hurts."

"It'll get better soon. It always does." Taehyung promised, well aware of Jungkook's regeneration speed.

When Jungkook looked at him again, Taehyung couldn't read his expression at all. It looked so... distant.

"Yeah... it will."

A/N

YESSSS I AM ALLOWED TO UPLOAD IT NOW!!!

It's friday🤧💜