⑪You Never Did, Anyway

Start from the beginning

"No."

"Then why should I?"

"Because I can help you. But you can't help me."

"Why? Why would you want to help me?"

"Because I know what kind of damage this can cause. Mentally, mostly."

Jeongguk cracked a small smile then. "It's not happening now."

Before V could answer, there was a knock on the door, startling both. He walked past him and opened the door himself, only to be greeted by Namjoon.

"Fuck, V. What did that piece of shit did to you again—"

"Shut up."

Namjoon's brows knitted in a frown at his words, but when his eyes traveled behind him and spotted Jeongguk looking at them in bafflement, he sighed. "Sorry about that. Jeongguk, since you're here, I wanted to ask you something. I noticed that... Wang called you yesterday."

V tossed his head in Namjoon's direction, his expression darkening. "What? What did he want from you?" His alarmed eyes flitted to the younger boy.

"I didn't... understand," Jeongguk said with a small voice as he glanced between the two who stared at him, one furious, and one concerned. "He knew things about me. Things that no one should know. That no one could possibly... know."

"What things?" V rushed to ask.

"Things that no one should know," he repeated in a firmer tone, making it clear that there was no way he would tell them. "He also..." He gulped as he cast his mind back to what that man said. "He made some comments."

"Like?"

"He called me pretty. Stared at my thighs. And told me he can't wait for our talk tomorrow, which means today."

V slammed his eyes closed in irritation, his swollen eye aching at the sudden movement. "You should stay away from him. Fuck, you shouldn't even be here. Leave, now."

"No."

"Namjoon, drive him home."

"No! I need to know how he knows me. I need to know how he knows... everything about me."

"You don't know what he's capable of. If he does something, who will protect you? We can't be around and keep an eye on you."

"Jeongguk, he's right," Namjoon chimed in with a bitter smile.

"I don't want you to protect me."

V stared at him with a somber expression, anger fuming inside him. "Fine, do whatever the fuck you want, but I won't fucking care if you're crying again afterwards."

Jeongguk's shoulders sank with gloom mixed with slight vexation. "You never did, anyway," he drawled without making eye contact and shuffled out of the office.

V dug his fingers into his palms, his mouth set in a hard line. "I need something to break, fuck, I'm so pissed off."

Namjoon sighed as he turned around and grabbed a glass that was on the table. He passed it to him, and V didn't waste a second to smash it against the floor, far away from them. "Fuck." He groaned in pain as he clutched his stomach; he shouldn't even be walking yet.

"Better?"

"No."

Both sighed for different reasons, and V returned to his desk as Namjoon wordlessly exited the office.

Jeongguk found Jimin and asked him to give him clothes. Of course, he wore a high-necked sweater again, and thankfully, his dress pants weren't so tight.

What brimmed him with disturbing surprise was that Wang was there at ten just. He didn't even wait for V or Namjoon to meet him and accompany him to the VIP section as usual. The two of them weren't even there yet.

"Ah, the pretty boy I was looking for," Wang said, a smirk embellishing his face.

"Do you want me to get you something?"

"Tsk tsk, not even a proper greeting. You shouldn't be like this to me, pretty." He edged dangerously close, but Jeongguk took a hurried step back, knocking down a stool that was behind him. With his heart already blustering in his chest and trembling hands, he reached for the stool and put it back in its place.

"Don't be so nervous." Wang let out a devilish snicker. "You make me so excited, pretty. I can't wait to play with you and—"

"Mr. Wang." V shot out from the back and interrupted the two.

"Ah, V. What happened to your face? What did you do again?"

"Nothing that has to concern you. How about you take a seat?" He gestured towards the booths impatiently.

"Looks like you don't want me close to this pretty boy, V," Wang said in a taunting tone, his wild smirk never leaving his face.

"Well, you shouldn't be occupying the servers outside of the booths. Rules, remember?" he answered in the same way, leading the other's smirk to falter.

"I think you forgot something very important." He leaned closer with blatant intent to mock him. "Rules don't apply to me," he sneered and sent a wink at Jeongguk before he sauntered towards booth number fifteen that was away from the bar.

The two boys shared a stare, but not words. The tension surrounding them was thick and stifling, both able to sense it, but neither commented on it. V didn't even manage to walk away from him throughout when they heard his pager beep, and they both knew exactly who it was.

⚜✳⚜

Another update because I'm really excited about this book🤭