Twilight - Jacob Black x Georgia

Start from the beginning

"Georgia!" Jasper called suddenly. "Get down here!"

Your eyes widened as Jacob's ears pricked up and the wolves looked in your direction, but you sped down to the site all the same. You stopped as Jasper's side and his golden brown eyes met yours. He nodded reassuringly before Emmett cracked his knuckles and stood opposite you. It was then that you realised that you were supposed to fight Emmett. A smirk made its way onto your face, surprising everyone, before you stood in a defensive stance, gesturing for Emmett to attack. You dodged his punch before placing your hands on his shoulder and flipping over him so you were standing behind him. You then crouched down and spun your leg around, decking him and making him fall to the floor. His face contorted with anger before his expression relaxed and he let out a chuckle. You reached your hand out to help him up, but pulled it back when he reached for it, shooting him a grin. You heard Jacob growl from the wolf crowd. You didn't know how you knew it was him, you could just tell. 

"I'm a newborn, Emmett" you smirked. "So I'm stronger than you."

"You are not, you just caught me by surprise is all!" he argued.

"Keep telling yourself that!" you teased. 

Again, Jacob growled, causing Edward to raise his eyebrows and chuckle a bit. He turned to you, a slightly amused smirk on his face.

"Well then, I guess Georgia's helping us battle the newborns!" he declared before noticing Emmett's glare and adding, "We could do with her abilities. She's strong, and she can speak to animals. It'll help."

"No" Emmett snapped. "Its far too dangerous for her, she's too new!"

Rosalie rested a comforting arm on her boyfriend's shoulder, but seconded his statement. You smiled at how protective everyone was of you.

"Right, training over for today!" Jasper announced, clapping his hands together before turning to the wolves. "I'll see you all at the battle."

***

You didn't see Jake again until the day of the battle. He met you when you were leaving school, his hands in his pockets and his gaze seemingly stuck to his feet. You sighed, before slinging your bag off your back and into your car. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" he murmured, so quietly you wouldn't have heard if it weren't for your enhanced hearing. 

"I thought you'd hate me" you admitted, nervously. "I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"I get that" he sighed. "Did you know I was a werewolf?" 

"Yeah" you told him. "The Cullens told me."

"Right" he nodded, looking up at you. "Don't worry. We're good."

"We are?" you asked, eyebrows furrowed. 

"Yes" he chuckled.

"Great" you grinned, then took off running suddenly. "Race you to the training site!"

Jacob phased and ran after you, easily racing past you, shooting a toothy grin at you as he passed. You scoffed before speeding up, to the point where you were neck and neck. The two of you reached the training site with you slightly ahead. You laughed as Jacob returned to his human form and glared playfully at you. 

"C'mon" you said. "We'd better get to the campsite."

"Alright" he agreed, before the two of you broke into a run again, him staying in his human form this time. 

When you reached the campsite, Jake stopped in his tracks and grabbed your hand. You raised an eyebrow at him and he met your eyes, looking slightly upset. You asked him what was wrong but he didn't answer you. You could tell that he was listening to a conversation so you used your vampire hearing to listen into the conversation he was eavesdropping on. Then you spotted Bella talking to Edward, an engagement ring on her right ring finger. Your heart dropped down to your stomach as Jake frowned and turned away, before hurrying to the other side of the campsite and setting up the tent that the two of you were going to share. 

"Jake?" you called after him. "Are you okay?"

"Great, Georgia!" he growled. "I'm just dandy!"

"Jacob!" Bella shouted, rushing towards the two of you. "Let me explain!"

Jacob turned, looking confused. "What is there to explain? You got engaged and didn't tell me!"

"I--"

"No!" he snapped. "You say I'm your best friend and yet you don't tell me you're getting married?  Screw you, Bella!"

"Please!" she begged. "Just talk to me!"

You watched your boy best friend sigh, before walking off with your girl best friend to allow her to explain. You decided you were going to just sit in the tent and read while you waited, so thats what you did. Jacob didn't return till later that night, you could hear him talking to Edward in his and Bella's tent in hushed voices and decided not to eavesdrop. 

Meanwhile, in Edward and Bella's tent, all Jacob could think about was you. He had Bella in his arms to warm her up, she was right there in front of him, he had wanted this for years. But now that he had it, he didn't care. He wished it was you in his arms, but he didn't know if the two of you could ever be together.

"You're thinking about Georgia" Edward stated, looking thoughtfully at the tanned werewolf in front of him. "You really love her, huh?"

"Dude, get out of my head" Jacob snapped, shaking his head, but then a small smile formed on his face. "Yeah... yeah, I do."

"Have you told her?" he queried curiously.

"Nah" Jake sighed, shifting slightly. "I'm a werewolf, she's a vampire."

"But you love each other" Edward told him. "If the two of you love each other, then forget stereotypes and assumptions. Just make the most of the time you have together. Make every moment count. Show her that you're not going to slip away. For you, life is short. If you want to spend the rest of your life with her then tell her."

Jacob nodded and smiled at the vampire. "I still hate you" he chuckled, only half joking.

Edward laughed, before looking at his fiancee with a loving gaze.

When Jacob returned to your tent, climbing in beside you, he was shocked to find you still awake. He asked you if you were going to sleep, and you kindly reminded him that vampires don't sleep. This made him blush in embarrassment before he lay down and pulled you into his arms. You listened to his heart beat as your head rested against his chest and he kissed your forehead. 

"Georgia?" he whispered. 

"Yeah?"

"I think I just imprinted on you" he breathed.

You looked up at him. "But-- I-- we're born enemies."

"I don't give a damn" he spoke seriously, like his life depended on what he was about to say. "I love you, Georgia. I have since the day I set eyes on you. You're the most amazing girl I've ever seen."

"I--" you hesitated. "So, you're not still in love with Bella?"

"No!" he chuckled, hugging you close again and kissing your forehead once more. 

You pulled back and kissed him softly, both of you smiling into the kiss. 

"I love you too, Jake"