The Maze Runner - Gally (1)

word count - 983

You groaned and rolled over onto your side, resting your head on your hand. The light peeks through the hinges of your hut's door, making it almost impossible for you to go back to sleep. There was a hard knock at your door and you groaned before getting up, rolling your eyes and opening the door.

"Morning Greenie!" your boyfriend Gally smirked.

"Gally" you sighed, warningly. "I'm not the Greenie anymore! Haven't been for months now!"

"Five to be exact" he blurted.

You giggled at his flustered expression. "And how do you know that?"

"Uh-- uh there have been, er, four Greenie's since you arrived and er, today will be the fifth" he stammered.

You kissed him softly, giggling. "I was just kidding! I love you."

"I love you too" he smiled

Suddenly a thought hits you. "Gally!"

"What?"

"I--" you hesitate, then have an idea. "Er, nothing it's fine."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yeah" you smiled, pecking his lips. "I should get ready, I'll only be a minute."

"Mind if I stay for the show?" he teased.

"Get out!" you laughed.

"Alright" he chuckled, raising his hands in surrender as he left.

A few minutes later, you emerged from your hut, wearing blue denim shorts and a black tank top. You intertwined your fingers with Gally's and head to get breakfast. You sat beside Newt and Gally sat opposite you. You leaned over and whispered into Newt's ear, he looked at you and nodded, a mischievous look on his face. Gally looked confused but smiled at you all the same.

Later that morning, you and Newt head into the Deadheads while everyone is busy, carrying blankets and pillows. You let out a loud wince as your foot whacks against a tree stump, before continuing on and enduring the pain. Finally, you find the spot we chose and put down the pillows and blankets. You both lie down side by side.

"This will be perfect" you smiled at Newt.

***

Gally's Point of View

"Hey Alby, have you seen Y/N?" I asked nervously.

"No, man I haven't" he replied. "Sorry" 

"Alright" I sighed.

I heard her laugh so I turned towards the sound. She walked out of the Deadheads with Newt, her cheeks pink as she laughed at something Newt said. She caught my eye and her happy face changes to one of worry. What have they been up to?

About an hour later, they went back to the Deadheads and I followed them, curiously. I accidentally stood on a fallen branch and it snapped under my weight, causing Y/N to flinch and drop what she's carrying. Flustered, she knelt down to pick it up and with Newt's help, she gathered it all and stood back up, sending him a warm smile.

"I hope Gally doesn't react badly to this" Y/N sighed nervously as they continued on.

What does she mean? React badly to what?

Then it hits me.

Y/N has been cheating on me with Newt.

***

Your Point of View

You and Newt head back out of the Deadheads for the second time that day, smiling triumphantly at what you'd done in so little time. As the two of you make your way across the vast field, you notice the Glade is quiet, too quiet. That is until Chuck ran towards you both, flailing his arms and yelling unintelligible things.

"Chuck" you said, your voice calming. "Just breathe and tell us what's going on."

"Gally... maze" he panted.

"What?" you shouted, making him jump.

"Gally... Gally ran into the Maze!"

Your eyes widened and you broke into a sprint, running towards the Maze doors. When you got there, Minho was holding firmly onto the back of Gally's collar, and it looked like Gally was getting a good telling off from Alby. You stormed over to them and slapped your boyfriend across the face. Alby immediately grabbed your arms holding you back.

"You shuckface!" you yelled, drawing attention from the other worried Gladers who were watching from the Homestead. "You stupid, stupid shank! Why the hell would you do that? WHY!"

Gally flinched, but kept the same indifferent expression as the one he had when he was getting told off by Alby.

"Why did you do it?" you pleaded in no more than a whisper.

"I know about you and Newt" he croaked, tiredly. "I know what you've been up to."

"Shuck!" Newt murmured.

"Gally, I--" you began to try and explain.

"No!" he boomed angrily. "Don't you ever speak to me again, understood?!"

You  looked at Newt, then back at Gally, then nodded defeatedly. Before anyone could stop you, you shoved yourself out of Alby's grasp and ran back to the Deadheads, kicking over everything in your path, including the little den Newt and I had made together.

"Y/N?" Gally whispered from behind you.

"What?" you sobbed. "What do you want?"

"Why did you do it?" he asked, quietly.

"I wanted to see your reaction" you sighed. "I thought it would make you happy"

"HAPPY?" he snapped. "Are you shucking serious?"

"Yes, Gally, I am!" you fired back, getting  mad now. "Today marks two years of you being stuck here and I just wanted to show you that you're not alone!"

"By cheating on me?" he scoffed, angrily.

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "I-- what?"

"Don't act innocent, Y/N!" he snapped. "I mean. all these pillows and blankets in the middle of the Deadheads, you weren't exactly discreet."

"Gally!" you interrupted. "This was a surprise for you! I had Frypan prepare a picnic and was going to light candles. It was a romantic evening planned for just the two of us! That is, until I wrecked the place."

"So... you're not cheating on me?" he breathed.

"No!" you laughed. "Definitely not, I love you and only you!"

A wide grin spread across his face and he lifted you up, spinning you around and hugging me tightly. Even when he put you down, he kept his arms around you, holding you close to him. 

"I'm so glad" he sighed, happily. "I love you too."

The two of you spent the rest of the day rebuilding your den, and spent the evening under the blankets ad eating the food, happily.