Chap 4 - Golden in the Ancient Myth Book

Start from the beginning

I sat on the bench and took the book out of the box. I gasped. Wow. It looks old. Yet so beautiful. It had a black cover. The cover was real hard and thick. The surface was rough because there was a very strange looking design. It had a few golden patterns too.

I put the box into my bag. I stood up from the bench the book still in my hand.

I started walking to the office where Alessia works since it wasn't that far.

I opened the first page of the book.

What the? The thing on the first page caught my interest. It was poem. Or is it really a poem? I don't think so. It's as if it's something more.

'when the Death overpowers the light,

The light shall be reborn,
The tale shall be awoken,

The looming shadows will linger in every corner,
Waiting to swallow you whole
in to the world of Doom.

The Golden shall slay,
The path of destruction

The Ancient shall bring peace and protection
To the Beasts of the Moon'

The Beast of the Moon? Aren't Werewolvest the beast of the moon? Hmm.. Interesting.

I turned to the next page. It was indead about Werewolves. About ancient stories.

How come an ancient werewolf book is in the library?

I was so caught in reading the book. Suddenly, I bumped into something so cold as if it was ice. I fell on to the ground. I felt a dreadful feeling inside me. But i didn't know how or why.

I looked up to see a mascular man. He had piercing silver eyes and white hair which almost looked like snow. But he doesn't look old. He looked to be in his late 20s.

He stared at me coldly. A frown on his face.

I quickly grabbed the book and stood up. "I'm so sorry sir" i said gulping.

He simply looked away. And i quickly walked away from him. I couldn't shake off the dangerous vibe i got from him.

It's as if i can still see the long and deep scar on his face. It went from his forehead to his ears. There was a scar across his jaw too.

Why is he so pale? Is he a vampire? Noway! Vampires have red eyes and reddish lips.

Something in me snapped. But i didn't know what it is. It was as if something in me is slowly awakening.

I ignored it and continued walking to the office while reading the book.

I saw Alessia standing outside the office. I ran to her. We walked to the bench beside her workplace and sat down.

5 minutes later, we saw Esmeralda. She had a big smile on her face.

"i wonder what is the reason behind that smile" Alessia said.

"Hey Girls!" Esmeralda said cheerfully. "should i be worried? You are being shockingly cheerful!" i asked narrowing my eyes suspiciously.

"nah! It wasn't you guys! It was the other artist guy there! He pulled a prank on me." she said grinning.

"He.. pulled a prank on 'you'? Then why are 'you' being sooo 'cheerful'?" Alessia asked emphasising some certain words.