26. Love On The Rocks

Start from the beginning

"I wouldn't imagine why. It was strictly business regarding my whereabouts for the past few weeks. Surely that was understandable, Principal Jewel." I tell her.

She nods grimly, "Please, call me Dandelion in this office. In public, my titled name is required, but not in here. Would you like some tea?" She offers.

I blink, "Oh, no thank you. If you don't mind me asking, do you allow all your professors to complain as much as Professor Forthright sounds like he is? You said he did so often, during the past few weeks. I'm greatly confused as to why he did that?" I ask her, leaning one arm on the armrest of the wooden chair I sit on, she blinks twice before sighing in defeat and leaning forward.

"Let this be a secret, but let's allow question for question, Melanie. I do have a few inquisitive ones myself?" She murmurs, in suggestion.

"Each party is allow to deny the answer if they feel they need to. Confidential reasons, of course." She leans back at my condition before nodding once, she gestures to me.

"Very well. Why don't you go first?" She suggests.

I raise an eyebrow, "I've already asked my first." She grins, nodding.

"No, I don't normally allow Professors, or any of my teachers or staff members to demand change in such an aggressive way but, as you know, Professor Forthright is very popular in the ladies department. Surely you've noticed?" She asks me, furrowing her eyebrows.

I nod once, "I've heard rumours, I've never become part of one myself."

She raises her own eyebrow and loses the grin, "During your sessions with him, the data of hours recorded is naturally uploaded to the school's system. I've noticed yours are more frequent, and exponentially longer than most students' sessions. I didn't realise you had so many stresses, especially since you first got here. I wanted to know if there's anything I need to improve within the school's advisory groups, dormitory assessing or any other district you'd like to look into further?" She's careful, but obnoxious, studying me closely.

I furrow my eyebrows, "I didn't know that. I was told by him that sessions were normally as frequent and as long as they were. In terms of improvement, you've already seen my concerns, first the library incident, then another with possible assault and someone breaking into my dorm and using me like a throwing, punching bag. I have installed my own security systems, but I need full termination of these events and their recurring possibilities." I tell her, tilting my head, in hopes the rather vile woman understood my meaning.

She nods, "Yes, of course. We have tightened security as per requested. I assured the email to both you and the email you provided on the checklist to your parental caregivers. Only, those reports are restricted to just an email address. I was hoping to email your mother directly, but I received one from her assistant." She says, rather rudely.

I nod, "My family are private, Principal Jewel. I'll have to ask politely that you excuse that fact. On another note, allowing Professor Forthright to range a set of complaints is surely not allowed?" I wonder.

She smiles tightly, "He's a persuasive man, Melanie and very determined. Even I've noticed how very close he is to you, you must express a lot duding your sessions. He's a pleasure when he listens, isn't he?" She asks.

"He's almost too nosy for his own good, Principal Jewel."

She squints at me, "Dandelion, Melanie. You may call me Dandelion." She says, standing as she moves to the liquor table and pours herself a wine, red. It was barely lunch.

She takes a gulp, "He is nosy, but that is his job. He has a way of removing the truth, even if you don't want it to be let out." She murmurs, taking another long sip as she keeps her eyes on a brown cabinet in front of her, she sighs.