"Hey, Grandma!" I called out while sitting on one of the chairs.

"Hey, sweetheart. Good-morning. Do you like the decorations?" She asked while adding an angel to the Christmas tree.

"Yes, they look wonderful!" I smiled.

"Well, do you think this year I should add a mistletoe?" She teased.

"Grandma!" I yelled wide-eyed.

"Oh, I'm just kidding Talia. By the way, how is Alexander doing? You know, after his mom's death?" She asked turning serious.

"He has healed. I think he's doing pretty well. He's not letting her death overwhelm him anymore." I replied.

"Good good. That poor boy needs happiness after his mom's tragic accident. You know his mother and I were very close." She said.

"Really?" I said surprised.

"Yes, she was a very smart one. His mother. A kind and generous soul, almost like your mother. We used to always spend a lot of time together and talk about your grandpa. Such a shame we have lost them." She said.

"Yeah." I smiled sadly.

"Now! Would you like to help me decorate? It got sad quite fast and we need to get into the Christmas spirit." She grinned.

_______________________________

As the evening arrived, my house was lighted up to the top.

There were fairy lights on the walls and the roofs. Presents, reindeers, and stockings were inside and outside of the house.

I counted at least five Christmas trees in the house.

Wow, Grandma really outdid herself this year.

I decided to wear a short red and white gradient dress with green wedges.

I look like Christmas, perfect!

On my way downstairs, my soul almost left my body as I ran right into Santa Claus.

Well, no the real Santa. The decoration. Who on earth put Santa in the middle of the hallways?

When I got downstairs, everyone was in the dining room.

"Ah! There she is. She looks even gorgeous than the last time I saw her. Such a beauty you got yourself." Tyler's mother smiled widely at me.

"Good evening!" I beamed.

The boys were in dark sweaters and jeans. They got their hairs styled back and all of them were looking at me.

"Now that we've got everyone here, let's eat!" My father announced.

When I walked over to sit with the boys, Grandma came close to me.

"Talia! You didn't tell me how the boys have grown up into fine young men. Quite handsome and perfect for you." She smirked.

"My best friends Grandma!" I explained, exasperated.

"Oh alright alright." She replied and took her seat.

When I got to my seat, I saw them looking at me with amusement in their eyes.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You look beautiful Talia." Alex smiled.

"Yes, very. You look even almost like Santa." Tyler teased.

"Hey! It's a Christmas dinner so, of course, I'm going to wear like Santa. I couldn't say the same for you dark knights in sweaters." I defended myself.

"Well, we all couldn't find a light color in our closets." Gabriel shrugged.

"Plus, I think we look just fine. Your Grandma even proved it." Nathan smirked.

"You heard it?" I asked shocked.

They looked back at each other and grinned.

Our dinner went on smoothly while the men talked about business while the women talked about their teenage days.

The boys and I talked about what to do during Winter Break and where we're going.

Tyler said that he wanted to go to South East Asia for the beach but Nathan disagreed telling him to go there during summer, not winter.

Our maids served us chicken with mashed potatoes. We also had asparagus and some broccoli. I was still not allowed to drink heavy wine so I decided to stick with nonalcoholic peach sparkling.

Then all of a sudden, Grandma decided to say the one thing I've been begging her not to blurt out since she's got here.

"So, which one of these fine men is going to have Talia's hand in marriage?"

My hand stopped halfway with my spoon and chicken in it.

Grandma!