「 ❥ 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚍 」

Maybe it was something about her as Sanemi was seen seated on the start of the stairs that would lead to the entrance of where the Final Selection was held, Fujikasane Mountain

Maybe it was something about her as Sanemi was seen seated on the start of the stairs that would lead to the entrance of where the Final Selection was held, Fujikasane Mountain. He fiddled with his fingers as he patiently waited as it had been seven nights ever since [name] had left his side.

And today was the day the sun would rise and reveal those who had survived. His hand soon found its way into his uniform's pocket and he pulled out the coin that Kanae had once given [name] to hold onto and flip it when she was having difficulties in making decisions.

He was surprised that [name] had handed him the coin before she went for the Final Selection, only to realize that she didn't want to lose it while engaging in battle with demons. He started to grow a little more worried then as he waited patiently.

Just as the sun started to rise.

He remembered clearly, about a year to two years ago, he had taken her in. Saved her from being devoured by a hungry demon who killed her abusive parents. But at the same time, he didn't know what he was riding upon.

But when he saw how she listened to the words he says and copied most of his actions. With him training her basic swordsman skill to be able to wield a nichirin blade, with a burning passion within his heart as he found the need to make her his tsuguko.

Although, the Flower Hashira, Kocho Kanae, had rejected the idea, believing that [name] would be suited to master her breathing technique and become her tsuguko instead. Which allowed the duo to be involved in a heated argument, until [name] decided on her own.

Pointing towards Sanemi back then, and Kanae could only have a gentle smile on her face as [name] for once had decided on her own without using the coin.

And then a young girl was taken in by the Kocho sisters, leaving [name] to spending most of her time with Sanemi instead as she was his tsuguko. But most of the time [name] would be seen spending time with the new young girl, Tsuyuri Kanao.

They were practically the same, the only difference was their age and appearance. But other than that, they had the same personality. Using coins to flip that was given by Kanae, hoping that it would help in their decision making.

Waiting for orders and remaining silent as they didn't dare to speak. They were the same, but Sanemi knew deep down in his heart, he would always look at [name] more than Kanao as there was once during training, his attention was solely on [name]'s form.

He let out another sigh as he tilts his head up just as the sun was rising a little more. His lips pressed into a fine thin line as he remembered the recent event that shook everybody in the Demon Slayer Corps.

The news of Kocho Kanae's death.

But he knew deep down that [name] was affected far greater than he was, given how the girl was taken care of by Kanae along with Shinobu. And during the day of the funeral, he was present. He remembered looking at how [name] was suffering terribly through the fact she couldn't cry in front of the grave like how the other Butterfly Girls were able to do so, along with Kanao as well.