CHAPTER 1

FLUTTERING MY EYES OPEN, I slightly squint at the morning rays of sun as I stretched my arms. Today was the first day of freshman year for me, you could say I'm a bit excited for today. Mom and dad doesn't usually allow me to go out of our house because of what I'm capable of. No one but my family knows what I'm capable of, and if someone other than them knew… I'm screwed.

I lazily got off my bed and went to my bathroom. I was staring at my reflection, admiring my white/platinum blonde hair. Addison, my twin sister, and I was born with the same condition, we both had white hair. Although, there's one thing she didn't have that I do. Powers.

You guessed right, I have powers. I have the ability to manipulate ice at my will. Well, not entirely. I've been born with it ever since I was a baby and every day, I'm still learning how to control it. Whenever I let my emotions burst, my powers does too. Like one time when I was four, mom said that I was having a tantrum and a snowstorm started inside the house. It took a day or two to clean it up, if I remember right.

I put on the blonde wig my parents made me and Addison wore all the time. I wore a light blue off-shoulder dress, white flats and let my wig fall of my shoulders as I took my white backpack, slinging it on my shoulders.

I went out of my room and smiled at my sister, Addison, who returned the favor as we both say, “Good morning.”

Both Addison and I went down the stairs and to the kitchen, seeing mom and dad already there. The two of us sat down by the table as mom exclaimed, “Cheer tryouts today!”

“Cheer tryouts today!” Dad repeated, then quickly went back to talking on the phone. I smiled at both of them Addison said, “I am way fired up.”

“Ditto,” I added, taking a spoonful of my cereal. Mom was very excited for us to make the team and win the cheer championship. I mean, I'm excited and all, but the only thing I'm mostly happy about is getting out of the house. All my life it's like I was trapped inside my own room.

This is the first day of going to a proper school, I was home-schooled due to the fact that I couldn't control my powers properly. But after a month or so of begging mom and dad with the help of my twin, they finally agreed to let me go to school. As long as I'm always by Addison's side.

“You make that team and win that cheer championship!” I blinked my eyes multiple times, surprised at my mothers sudden exclamation. I wasn't fully listening to what my mother said but I bet you, it was about cheer.

“Beseech me?” Addison asked as I laughed a bit, not before saying, “Really, Mom?”

“I get—That was, um…” Mom trailed off as dad went in-between Addison and her, continuing, “Yeah, Missy, that was a bit much.”

“A bit much, I failed at that,” Mom agreed as I chuckled lightly once again and secretly took an apple slice from Addison's plate while she wasn't looking.

“Nothing's gonna stop my girls,” Mom said, smiling proudly at us as she fixed a strand of Addison's wig, doing the same thing to me as she continued, “As long as you keep that wig on.”

“And your gloves,” Mom mentioned. My eyes widened, looking at my bare hands. I was about to make a run to my room but when I turned around, Dad was holding out a new pair of gloves. It was new and simple, and very chic may I add.

“We thought that since it's your very first day of going into a school, Miss and I bought these,” Dad said as he handed me the pair of gloves. I gladly accepted it and hugged both of them, whispering a soft thank-you.

“Remember what I told you, Evie. Control—” I cut dad off by saying, “Control my temper and try not to freeze the school on my first day.”

“And?” Mom added as both Addison and I stood up from our seat, making our way to the front doors with mom and dad trailing behind us.

“And never take my gloves off,” I finished. But I furrowed my brows at my parents who waited for me to continue, Addison cleared her throat beside me. My mouth turned into an 'O' shape remembering the deal I made.

“And to always stay by Addison's side,” I said, completely irritated that Addison has to watch over me, when I'm clearly the older twin! I was about to protest when Addison interrupted me and said, “Don't worry, I'll keep a close eye on her.”

“Honey? It's time.” Mom said as she put her hands in the middle, dad doing the same. Addison put her hands above while I put my gloved hand above hers as mom asked, “Ready?”

“Go team!”