Chapter 37

"Is he knocked out?" I asked, staring at the still body of Stain.

"After all that, he's got to be." Midoriya said, standing up.

"Then let's tie him up and get out to the street." Todoroki replied.

"So it's over?" I questioned, still a bit worried that Stain was going to suddenly wake-up and start attacking us again.

"Yeah." Todoroki answered, looking at me.

I took in a shaky breath and fell to the ground. I think using my quirk so much today finally caught up with me. "Great." I leaned back against some ice that was still in the alleyway. I was bleeding and it surprised me when I didn't pass out.

Todoroki gave me a concerned look. "You took a few pretty bad hits and you said you fought a Nomu before this, too. Are you going to be ok?"

I looked down at the stab wound that was in my side and shook my head. "I don't know. I feel like I might pass out, and my arm feels a little numb. But I'll live. Also, I don't think the fact that we just beat a hero killer has set in just yet."

Todoroki nodded and after a minute, he walked over to me and hovered his right hand over the wound in my side before he used his quirk to cover it in ice like I had done to myself before. "Does that help?"

I gave him a weak smile and nodded. "Yes, it does. A lot."

He offered his hand to help me stand up, so I took it and got back on my feet. I watched as Todoroki managed to mind a rope in the dumpster while Midoriya made sure that Stain had no more weapons on him. By now, the hero, which I heard Midoriya say his name was Native, was moving again, and once Todoroki had finished tying up Stain, Native picked up Midoriya so that he didn't have to walk on his injured legs.

"Sorry." Native said, gaining my attention. "Even though I'm a pro, I was just in the way."

"No, I don't think there was anything you could've done one-on-one with Stain's quirk. He's too strong." Midoriya replied. And I had to agree with him. If Native had been left there on his own versus Stain, he would be dead by now.

"Even fighting four-on-one with him making mistakes, we still barely won. He was getting desperate and forgot about Midoriya's recovery time." Todoroki stated. "And he wasn't able to deal with Iida's last Recipro Brust or Midoriya's attack."

"Yeah..." I agreed with a sigh. "I'm just glad we made it out of there."

"Hey, Hiromi?" I looked over at Midoriya as he continued. "Um, around the time you first got here, the Hero Killer accused you of being Nora, the singer... then you had that little outburst and..."

I took in a sharp breath. I had completely forgotten about that. "Yeah..."

"So, are you really Nora?" Midoriya asked.

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I am."

Midoriya looked at me with wide eyes. He clearly didn't believe me. "Wait. Really?" I nodded and he continued, "So all that stuff you said was true."

"One hundred percent." I confirmed. "But none of you can tell anyone. I'd like to avoid letting everyone know, especially the press. I don't want people to start coming up to me while I'm at a store or something with my brother, or by myself. I like being able to go out to places without having a crowd of people following me everywhere. That, and I'm worried about how people knowing my true identity will affect my brother. We already don't have a great relationship..."

No one said anything for a minute, before Todoroki spoke up, "You don't get along with your brother?"

I shrugged. "I get along with him pretty well. The problem is that we've never really gotten the chance to form an actual bond, I guess. I don't know. It's just that, after my mom died when Shiro, my brother, was born, my dad became super distant until I got my quirk. It was the same as my mom's and he was super happy that a piece of my mom was still with him. For about two years he actually acted like a father. But, me being a stupid 5-year-old, I didn't notice just how left out Shiro was. All of the few good memories I have of me and my dad, Shiro's nowhere to be seen. When Shiro got his quirk, my dad got really upset for some reason. Shiro had inherited my dad's quirk and maybe he wasn't happy about it because he expected him to also have my mom's quirk... Either way, my dad got super depressed again and got back into bad habits, and then he soon died in a drunk driving accident. My 6-year-old brother blamed himself for it and never really talked to me." I took a deep breath as I remembered all the times that I walked into a room that Shiro was in and he just left. "Soon, I became depressed and that's around the time I really got into music. Then about a year after that, things started getting better. I could actually talk to Shiro, I wasn't depressed anymore, and I had started singing. But it didn't last super long because when I officially became a 'singer' Ryu became my manager and stopped being like a dad. My schedule became super busy and I never got to hang out with Shiro. We fell apart again. I'm still trying what I can to fix our relationship so we are more like actual siblings..."

"Wow... and now your becoming a hero... You sure have had an... eventful life." Midroiya said, not meeting my eyes.

"Yeah. And the whole hero thing I never really wanted to do." I stated. Earning a surprised look from Midoriya and Iida, and even a raised eyebrow from Todoroki. "Ryu actually went behind my back to get me a recommendation. It happened after my studio was attacked. He thought it would be a good way to boost my popularity and hopefully keep villains from attacking."

"So you never wanted to become a hero?" Midoriya asked.

I nodded. "Not really. I mean, now I'm actually pretty dedicated to it, but when Ryu first told me about it, I was not very happy."

"Oh..."

"Why are you here?" I looked up to see a short, old-looking hero on the other side of the street.

"Gran Torino?" Midoriya questioned.

I watched as Gran Torino jumped up and kicked Midoriya in the face. "I thought I told you to stay on the bullet train!"

"Who is this?" I asked, looking at the old hero with confusion.

"Gran Torino, the hero I'm interning with." Midoriya answered. "But why are you here?"

"Because I was told to come here all of a sudden."Gran Torino said. He seemed pretty angry. "I don't know what's going on here, but I'm glad you're ok."

Midoriya apologized to Gran Torino before a pack of heroes showed up.

"Children?" One of the heroes questioned.

"Those injuries look serious!" Another exclaimed. "I'll call an ambulance right away."

"W-Wait, is this...?" One of the heroes looked down at the tied up hero killer. "It's the Hero Killer?"

"Call the police, too." A hero ordered.

One of the heroes turned his attention to me, Todoroki, and Midoriya. "Can you walk?" He asked Midoriya."

"If you prop me up, then yeah." Midoriya answered, before getting some help from the hero to stand up.

"What about you?" He asked Todoroki.

"I only received minor injuries." Todoroki answered before he glanced at me. "but she's not doing to great... Neither is Iida."

"You three..." Iida said, gaining our attention. He bowed apologetically. "You were injured because of me. I'm so sorry. I couldn't see anything through my anger..."

I'm sorry, too." Midoriya said. "I didn't notice how you were feeling at all. Even though we're friends."

"I didn't notice anything either." I muttered. Thinking about it now, I really should have. I've hung out with him, Midoriya, and Ururaka a lot, and I know what's it's like to have something terrible happen to a family member.

"Pull yourself together." Todoroki said. "You're the class rep, right?"

Iida whipped his tears with his arm. "Yeah."

After a minute, he stood up straight. I smiled. Even though we all went through a lot of pain, it was over. And we had captured a murderer. The pain in my side had mostly gone away, or it felt that way because my side was pretty numb like my arm. I was still extremely tired, but at least now it was over. It was really over.

-Author Note-

So, it's fifth update in a row. I did it. I was productive. I'm so proud of myself for doing that. But anyways, school started up again, and that might be why I'm being so much more productive. But depending on everything that happens, updates will either be slow or actually frequent. It all depends on what happens. I'll do my best when it comes to writing this story, but it kind of depends on school and what happens in my life so I might miss an update at one point, but I'll do what I can to avoid that.

Anyways, hope you all have a good day. See you next week!

-Starlight