Chapter 14

At the end of the day, I grabbed my stuff and went to leave. But when the door was opened, a crowd of students was blocking our path out of the classroom.

"U-um, why are you all here?" Uraraka questioned, standing in front of the door.

"Do you students have some sort of business with our class?" Iida asked.

"Why are you blocking our doorway? I wouldn't let you take us, hostage!" Mineta yelled.

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots. We're the class that survived a real villain attack." Bakugo said, walking up to the students, making some of them take a step back. "At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it, extras."

"You can't just go around calling people 'extras' just because you don't know who they are." Iida scolded.

"Yeah, come on Bakugo. You need to stop doing that." I added, crossing my arms. "It's rude."

"So this is class 1-A. I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an idiot. Is everyone in the hero course delusional, or just you?" Someone said, walking up to the front of the crowd. I glanced at my watch, I needed to leave to get to talk to the principal about some stuff for the sports festival. And after that, Ryu wanted me home soon so I could figure out what I was going to do if I was going to perform at the sports festival. "How sad to come here and find a bunch of egomaniacs." A purple-haired boy who stood at the front of the crowd said, gaining my attention once again. "I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others, I was forced to choose a different track. Such is life. I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance. If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room."

"They can do that?" I mumbled, a bit worried. 'If they can, I need to make sure I do well at the festival. Though, it's not like I wasn't going to do that anyway.'

"Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to let you know that, if you don't bring your very best, I'll steal your spot right from under you. Consider this a declaration of war." The boy finished.

'Wow.' I thought, looked at the purple-haired boy who had just finished talking. 'I didn't think people would get this worked up over the sports festival. I know it's a big deal, but declaring war? That's crazy.'

"Hey, you!" Another boy yelled. "I'm from class 1-B next door to you! We heard you fought some villains, and I came to see if that was true. But you're just a bunch of brats who think you're better than us! Talk all you want! It'll just be more embarrassing when you're KO'd." The boy from class 1-B yelled before Bakugo walked away. "Don't you ignore me!"

"Dude, where are you going? You gotta say something. It's your fault they're all hating on us Bakugo." Kirishima said.

Bakugo stopped for a minute and glanced back at us. "These people don't matter. The only thing that's important is that I beat them." Then he walking away.

"Um, I need to get going, too," I announced, walking up to the crowd. "Please excuse me."

I pushed my way through the crowd. The boy for class 1-B yelled at me for being full of myself or something like that, but I didn't pay too much attention to him. I needed to be somewhere and I can't be held back by some students that wanted to see what my class is like.

Once I was out of the crowd, I started to walk toward the principal's office.

* * *

I knocked on the door. "Come in." The person on the other side said.

I slide open the door and walked inside. "Hi. I have something I'd like to ask you."

Nezu smiled. "Of course. What it is?"

"Well, I was wondering if I could perform sometime during the sports festival," I answered.

"Oh, sure, that would be wonderful!" Nezu said. "It would be an honor to have you perform during our sports festival."

"So I can do it?" I questioned.

"Of course. It shouldn't get in the way of anything you're doing for the festival as a student, so I don't see why not." Nezu answered.

"Great!" I exclaimed with a smile. "So when do you want me to do it?"

Nezu pondered the question for a minute before suggesting, "How about before the last battle in the torment. It would help get everyone in the stands excited for the last battle."

"That works," I replied.

"Alright, have a good day. I'm looking forward to seeing you perform." Nezu said as I made my way out the door.

"Yeah." I waved to him before leaving the room.

* * *

When I got home I immediately went to Ryu's office to talk to him about the sports festival. If he didn't bring up the idea of me performing at the festival, I probably wouldn't have thought about it myself until it was too late.

"Hey Ryu, guess what," I said, closing the door to his office and taking a seat in one of the empty chairs.

"What?" He asked, not looking up from what he was doing. He sounded a little annoyed, probably because he was busy, but this couldn't wait.

"Principal Nezu said I could perform at the sports festival!" I answered, slightly bounding up and down.

"Really? That's great!" Ryu turned his attention off his computer and to me. I was a little surprised to see a smile on his face. "Do you know what songs you want to sing for it?"

I nodded and listed off a few of my songs that I was going to sing at the sports festival to him. He took note of all the songs before telling me that I could do whatever I wanted for now. So I decided to talk to my brother about some stuff.

"Hey Shiro, you know the sports festival is coming up," I said, sitting next to him on the couch. Shockingly, he wasn't playing any video games that second.

"Yeah, I know," Shiro replied.

"Well, are you excited?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course, I am," Shiro answered, turning to me. "And this year you're going to be in it. Oh, and Ryu said he was going to get us tickets, so we'll actually get to be there."

"Really? That's great!" I said with a smile.

"It's going to be amazing!" Shiro said, his eyes shining like a little kid's. That was something that only happened when we talked about stuff like this. He has always been a fan of everything to do with heroes. "I'm really excited to see all of your classmates' fight and what kind of quirks they all had. If their quirks are just as cool as Bakugo's then it'll be an amazing festival."

"You know, if you want, I could introduce them to you," I suggested.

"Really?" Shiro asked, excitement clear in his voice.

"Yeah, why not. I'm sure they'd love to meet you." I answered. But then added, "As long as you're allowed to."

"Ok," Shiro replied with one of his rare smiles.

We talked a bit more about the sports festival and how I would get to perform at it this year. He also brought up what he thought might be the events we would have to participate in. But after a while, we ended the conversation and he finally got on one of his games.