Story 2 : The accident

A blue car was flying on the highway. Inside, four people were sitting. Behind the wheel, a man with a black mustache and an angry face: Neil. Next to him, his wife, a retiring woman who seemed to have given up years ago: Susan. Behind them was a young man with blonde hair in a mullet and strict eyes: Billy. And next to Billy was sitting a young woman with long red hair: Max.
Max was still wondering why she accepted this lunch with them, she hadn't seen them for three years and they reappeared like that in her life!? But why!? She didn't know, but she will certainly know at the lunch. Well, if they were reaching the restaurant alive, Neil was driving like a crazy man, swerving in and out all the lines without caring of the other cars, if not honking at them when they were on his way.
In fact, Max was hoping she could renew contacts with her mother. When she left home to live her own life, Max wanted to sever all contact with her past, but her mother was her mother, she couldn't hate her, and she wanted to show her that she wasn't a failure. She was a great cook now; she had her own restaurant and it was working very well. Max was proud of her. Gripped at the assist handle, Max felt her heart in her throat. Neil sharply turned his car before honking a fire truck which wasn't driving fast enough for him and yelling at the driver for respecting the speed limit.

In this fire truck, five men and a woman were going back to their station. Jane, a young brunette who was still learning, was driving the truck. Next to her was a man close to retirement; he was one of their instructors, they were calling him Colonel. On his right was Moussa, a chubby black man. He was a bit older than the other learners, but he didn't struggle to integrate the group. Behind them was Medhi, Jane's best friend, Aaron, another instructor, and Jake, a learner. They spent five hours extinguishing a fire in a building and just wanted to take some rest now. It was a good day, they managed to save everyone inside the building and to limit the damage; their instructors were very proud of them.

The driver of the blue car became more and more reckless and aggressive towards the other cars, insulting them for nothing and threatening them with his car as a weapon. By playing with the danger like that, Neil went through with his ideas and hit another car. The grey car lost control and hit another car. Neil was so angry that he lost control of his own vehicle too. The blue car rolled on the highway, hitting more cars.
The fire truck was surprised by the accident and tried to avoid the cars which were rolling in its direction. The fire truck hit the guardrail and rolled on its side.

The screams seemed far and muffled. The smells of smoke and gas oil were making unbearable the breathing. Someone was calling her, forcing her to wake up. Jane opened her eyes with difficulties and saw someone at the door of the fire truck.

- "Jane! JANE!" the person yelled.

Her vision was still blurry, but she recognized Medhi's voice. Something was different, she was feeling attracted on her left side. She raised her head, but the pain in her neck prevented her from doing more. By looking around, she realized that the fire truck was on the left side.

- "Wh-what happened?" she mumbled.

- "We had a crash! Jane, it's awful! Jake is dead! Moussa is badly hurt, Aaron is trying to help the injured persons, and Colonel is unconscious! I don't know what to do!"

Jane was slowly coming back to earth, seeing some pieces of what happened. Every part of her body was hurting, but she could feel every part of it, it was a good thing. She reached her seat belt buckle but realized that her hand was bleeding.

- "You shouldn't move, maybe," Medhi said.

- "I'm fine," Jane answered, breathing heavily. "Go to help Aaron."