13 - results day

Thursday August 21st 2008

louis, harry, niall, zayn: 16

liam: 15

**

**zayn's POV**

I quickly jump out the car and run into the arms of my boyfriend.

"li, I'm so nervous"

I whisper into his ear so no one else hears. I bury my face into his neck and kiss the skin there.

"I know babe, I know. but we'll be fine I promise"

he rubs my back and kisses every bit of skin he can reach.

I lean back to look into his eyes and he pecks my lips which causes a smile to appear on my face. he always knows how to cheer me up. we pull away and he takes my hand in his. I love the feeling of holding his hand, it calms me down.

"so how are you guys feeling?"

the voice of one of our best friends, niall, makes us turn around.

"god I've never been so nervous. I need to pass english to get into the art course I want at college"

"I think I'm okay, I'm mainly focused on keeping zayn calm"

niall smiles at us as I feel liam squeeze my hand.

"I know I've failed all 3 sciences, but I guess you don't need that to be a musician"

we laugh together and I can feel my nerves slowly fading away. I really needed them today, I could do with some louis and harry right about now, but I have no idea where they are.

just as that thought enters my mind, anne's car pulls up and I can see jay sat in the front with the two boys in the back. they all climb out the car and I watch their mums join liam's, niall's, and my parents a few feet away.

louis and harry walk over to us, hand in hand and sigh.

"hi larry"

niall says and laughs to himself. we all roll our eyes and carry on.

"how are you lads feeling?"

louis asks and we all look around.

"I feel like shit"

I answer and liam releases my hand to wrap his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"so do I"

harry says and I watch as he rests his head on louis' shoulder. we're all nervous, how could you not be? this is the day that determines the next step for us. louis whispers something into harry's ear and he nods. I sometimes feel bad for niall, we've all doubled up over the years and he hasn't dated someone in a while. he was talking to this girl amelia a while back but he hasn't spoken about her much.

"uh niall, odd question, but what ever happened to amelia?"

niall goes bright red and we all turn our attention to him.

"well she goes to the other secondary school, but yeah we're actually doing quite well. I'm meeting up with her after this and I'm gonna ask her to be my girlfriend"

all our eyes widen and we stare at him in shock.

"and you chose to only tell us this now?"

liam asks and I laugh a little.

"yeah niall, what's with that?"

"sorry, sorry, I just wanted to wait until something serious happened before I told you all"

the irish lad says and we all nod. that's fair.

a loud noise grabs our attention and we all turn to see the door of the school have been opened. it's time to get our GCSE results.

**

**third person POV**

"I passed everything"

liam sighs before turning to zayn and wrapping his arm around his waist.

"I failed biology, but I don't need that. I did it li, I can go do my art course"

liam pulls his boyfriend into him and holds him tightly to his chest.

"I'm so proud of you babe"

they pull apart and share a sweet intimate kiss.

"I knew it. I failed my sciences, but it's fine, my course doesn't ask for those, I'm all good"

"sorry ni, you can still do your course though"

"yeah I'm fine, I'm gonna call amelia, I'll be right back"

"haz, how'd you do?"

"I got A's and B's"

harry smiles and looks up at louis with tears in his eyes.

"oh sun I'm so happy, well done baby"

"thank you boo, what did you get?"

louis opened his paper with shaking hands. he's trying to be strong for harry but he feels like he could cry right now. he scans over the letters and lets out a breath of relief.

"I passed everything I need, failed RE though"

"oh thank god"

they pulled each other in and hugged for a moment, before leaning back for louis to leave a chaste kiss on harry's lips.

they all got what they wanted and needed meaning they don't need to re-sit anything. they can focus on their courses in college for the next 2 years.

they're okay.