3 - frog and hedgehog

Thursday December 23rd 1999

louis and harry: 7

**

"MUUUUMMMM WHERE IS LEO?"

harry rummages around his room, searching for the little brown hedgehog he sleeps with every night. he was given the small teddy for Christmas by louis. he always says louis looks like a hedgehog, so it reminds him of his blue eyed best friend.

"I NEED IT"

he can feel the tears threatening to fall from his eyes. he can't have lost it, he just can't. he's about to run to his mum and cry into her arms, when he hears little footsteps at the door. he abruptly turns around and sees gemma leaning against the door with a small brown circle in her hands

"he was in my room"

she says as she squishes the teddy with her fingers. harry sighs in relief and walks over to his 10 year old sister. she hands it to him and he takes her into a hug. he loves his sister so much.

"thank you gems. I'll miss you tonight"

"you'll only be gone one night haz I'll be fine"

"I'll still miss you"

gemma pulls away and pats harry's head. they laugh at each other before harry turns to his bag and stuffs the teddy into the side pocket.

"ready"

harry walks out his room and makes his way downstairs to see his mum ready to take him over to louis' house. he shouts goodbye to gemma and reaches up to open the front door.

"excited haz?"

"very. it's louis' birthday mum"

"have you got his present?"

"yep, in my bag"

"good. right let's go"

harry rushes out the door and runs as fast as he can over to louis' front door. he knocks his small fist onto the wood of the door and waits for it to be answered. the sound of feet rushing down the stairs is heard and then the door is opened to reveal louis.

"HAZZA!!"

"LOU!!"

harry drops his things and jumps onto louis. they fall onto the ground in louis' house with a thud and giggle.

"sorry loulou"

they two boys laugh on the ground but stay where they are. louis leans in to give harry a kiss on his nose. this makes harry giggle even more and louis watches as his dimples appear. he wastes no time in sticking his finger in the green eyed boys little dent in his face. again, making harry giggle even more.

"okay harry take your things into louis' room"

harry climbs off of louis and raises to his feet as he feels a tap on his ankle. he looks down and he sees louis hand stretched out to his asking to be helped up.

"help me hazza"

harry smiles and takes louis hand with both of his. he pulls as hard as he can and brings louis up to his feet next to him. they stand hand in hand before running up the stairs with harry's things.

"race ya?"

"you're on"

they stop at the end of the long hallway with a few rooms attached. louis' is at the other end.

"3"

"2"

"1"

"GO"