Chapter 4

2 days after midterm exam - after Wave had done enough damage to the school

Location : Terrace

"Why the hell did you do that ?" Pang broke the silence.

" I don't need to give you an explanation. Do I ? " Wave replied in a calm voice.

Pang could no longer be calm. " What did you get out of creating this mess huh ? Do you really have to cause this damage just because you didn't top the midterm exam ? "

" Shut up! Will you? I just wanted to show everyone that I was superior to them. I wanted to show that stupid director that I was better than whatever he expected out of me. I wanted to prove myself. " Wave replied, his voice reflecting his pain for the first time.

Pang though shocked at Wave's tone, realized the pain in his voice. " If you believe in you, you should not let their views or opinions bother you. I hope you will not become stupid if I call you one. Will you ? No right. That's my point. Stop caring about what others think of you. Ok ? "

Though Wave not just heard but understood what Pang said could not give up bluntly. " Now I have to listen to Mr. Pawaret's lecture huh "

" You better listen or else I won't mind using my power on you" Pang sneered.

" You wish."

Wave then realized that for the very first time in the past two years he smiled. Pang too noticed the slight upward curve on Wave's face that he thought never existed and could not help but stare at that smile for what looked like few minutes.

" Don't stare at me anymore. You will bore a hole on me "

Realizing what he had been doing all this time Pang snapped out of his trance. In order to divert Wave's attention Pang asked " Well, what was the punishment for all the damage you did ? "

"You guess ?"

"Suspension for a month or banned from using potential for 2 weeks maybe" Pang mumbled.

" Suspension for a week."

" That's it!"

" Sad that I didn't get a huge punishment huh ? "

" No no..its just that the damage was way too much..so..never mind "

"Well if you don't have anything else to say..Can you please leave me alone ?"

"No...Wait did you actually request  me right now..Wave - the genius requested me" Pang laughed at his own joke.

" You just sounded like Ohm right now..laughing at your own non- existent joke."

" Fine...that was kinda true..well..I was actually here to talk about something else. I knew you would  never reveal the data even if we would have not stopped you right? "

" Yes..I already told you why I did that ? I never like to be used or controlled by someone and the director did what I hated the most. So I just had to show him what I am  actually capable of. " Wave replied.

" Then you too hate the director and the system right and you too want too throw off the system. You too believe in equality right " Pang could not contain the excitement in his voice.

"Well...guess so. Don't start with your equality lecture..I have already heard you lecturing Namtarn on it..so please spare me.."Wave blurted out.

" Wait..you..you eavesdropped on our conversation..I can't believe my ears right now"

Wave realizing what he had blurted continued "But yeah I hate the director and would really love to throw him off this school." trying to divert the topic and was actually successful in doing so.

" Cool then..w-will y-you join with me to revolt against the director and the oppressive system and help transform it" though Pang had his own fear, he very well knew that only Wave could be his partner in crime.

Wave after being silent for 2 minutes finally nodded. Pang who by now was purely jumping out of excitement just hugged Wave for what felt like few minutes though it was just for few seconds.

Wave froze. He had never hugged someone for who knows how long. Human touch was rare for him leave about a hug. He felt warmth spread all over his body and could not help but smile.

-----------

A/N:

Do vote and comment if you like my work. Thanks in advance!