"Just stay down. I've got him, don't worry," Mando whispers, squeezing my shoulder a few times. I hum and settle back down in my seat, crossing my arms as I let out a small yawn. I hear him hum to the kid just as I had been doing earlier as he set him down in the usual little bed he had always rested in. I smile softly, happy to see how gently the usual tough Mandalorian was being. "I heard you singing to him earlier, but I didn't hear you come back down. I just wanted to make sure you were okay," he whispers to me, his deep voice working through the dark cockpit. I blush and settle in my seat a little more. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," I mutter, letting out another yawn after I spoke. It was a little embarrassing that he had caught me singing, but I guess I was lucky enough that I had chosen to sing it in a language he probably did know. It's not really a song that I would want him to catch my signing. 

"You didn't," he assures, quietly walking back over to where I was sitting. I go to stand up again, knowing that it would be good for both of us to go back to bed now that the kid was back to sleeping soundly. He gently sets his hand on my shoulder like before, his fingers squeezing softly. He wasn't wearing his gloves and his hands had this gentle warmth to them. The kind of warmth that drew me closer and closer to the sleepy haze I was already set in. 

"Mando-"

"I've got you," he whispers, softer than before. I was surprised that his modulator could even pick up how quiet he was being. I sigh and nod my head, letting him take control. He wouldn't let me get up on my own right now even if I tried, so I might as well let him do his thing. 

He hooks both of his arms under my legs and my back, easily picking me up from the padded pilot seat. I give in and rest my head in the crook of his neck, feeling his soft, warm skin that was peeking out past the collar of his loose shirt. He holds me a little closer to his chest, walking over to the ladder that led down to the main hangar. 

"Well, this should be interesting," I tease, keeping my voice quiet and low. 

"You just love making my job harder, don't you?" he mutters as if I couldn't hear him. I let out a small laugh and nuzzle my face deeper into the crook of his neck. My nose nudges his neck for a few seconds before I completely relax.

"You're the one that insisted on carrying me. I offered to get up on my own," I playfully counter. 

"I'm going to have to shift you around a bit," he says, slowly dropping my legs down from his grip. One of his hands grips onto one of my thighs, keeping them settled right above his hips. I feel his breath hitch, but I pay it no mind. I was too tired to even think about it. I slowly snake my arms around his neck as he starts to climb down the ladder. 

I could feel his muscle working together as he climbed down the metal ladder. His thin shirt made it a little easier to feel everything relax and tense with every movement that he had made. I blush a bit, nuzzling my face further into him so there wasn't a single chance of him seeing how flustered I had become from him simply carrying me. 

The door of my room slides open and he walks over to my bed. He slides a hand up to the back of my head while he lowers me down onto my bed. I shift away from him for a moment, feeling myself slip back to my sleepy state. He lifts the blankets over my figure, carefully tucking it near my sides before sitting on the edge of the bed. 

"Thanks for carrying me, Mando," I mutter, smiling softly while looking at him with lazy eyes. My lids felt heavy and I could barely keep them open. He lifts his hand and ruffles my hair once before nodding his head. 

"Do you think you can do one more thing for me before you fall asleep?" he asks quietly, his tone hesitant and uncertain. He scoots a little closer to me, his hands pressed down to the edge of the mattress. I turn onto my side to face him properly, tucking my arm under my head. He rests a hand on my hip and my heart jumps. I take a deep breath as his hand settles in the curve of my waist. I hum in response, waiting for him to ask for his little favor. "Do you think you could sing something for me?" 

I smile softly and look up at him for a moment, wondering if he was actually being serious. He looks down at me, holding his stare on me. I guess he's not kidding. He really does want to hear me sing. I slowly nod my head and scoot a little closer to him so his body was tucked in the bend of my body. My stomach presses up against his back and he leans into me a bit. 

"You sure?" I ask, making sure he really wanted to stay and listen to me. He nods his head, his nods seemingly determined and almost frantic. I take a deep breath and let it out in a heavy sigh. "Whatever you say..."

I clear my throat and shift around a bit more before starting to sing. 

"Hold me close and hold me fast, the magic spell you cast, this is la vie en rose," I sing quietly, my mind instantly shooting for the Basic translation instead. Singing this in a language he actually understands could be an absolute mistake, but at the same time, maybe it's something he needs to hear from me. It's too late to turn back now anyway. His hand squeezes my waist and I continue on. "When you kiss me Heaven sighs, and though I close my eyes, I see la vie en rose."

My mind wanders back to the moment he said 'I love you' and my heart flutters in my chest. I can't help but wonder whether or not he really meant it? 

"When you press me to your heart, and in a world apart, a world where roses bloom. And when you speak, angels sing from above. Everyday words seem to turn into love songs," I continue, a sense of heat creeping up my neck. Mando scoots even closer to me and my heart pounds in my chest, regardless of how close I was to falling asleep. "Give your heart and soul to me, and life will always be, la vie en rose," I finish, the note ending in my throat as a hum. 

I fall silent, not knowing what else to say. 

"Thank you," he whispers in a hushed tone. I hum and nod my head, my cheek grazing against my own arm. He gives my waist one more squeeze before standing up and walking towards my door. I close my eyes, knowing that I was really about to pass out. "Goodnight, Mae."

"Night, Din," I whisper back, my mind already slipping into the darkness. My mind glazes over in a sleepy haze and just as Mando starts to leave, I hear his parting words. 

"I love you."
-----------------------------------
Word count: 2000

Note: Hi! This is one of my favorite songs 'La vie en rose' in French and English. I was going to play my guitar and record a cover for you guys so you guys could hear the song and such, but I'll save you the pain of having to listen to me sing (I don't think I sound that good haha-). Anyways, take another chapter of Din and Mae being cute and close. Hope you guys are doing well! See you next chapter!