his weakness // kylo ren

Start from the beginning

for example, a few weeks later when you had been doing more routine repairs during your scheduled lunch break, he had appeared behind you out of nowhere. to be honest, it scared the ever loving shit out of you and you might've let out a scream if he hadn't done this exact thing before. (and he had done this exact thing many MANY times)

the only difference this time was that he was holding out... a sandwich? you were amused (and completely confused) staring at the wrapped up sandwich he held out to you. did kylo ren just... get you a sandwich?? you laughed at the thought. you looked between his masked face and the sandwich in his hand for a few moments until you eventually broke out into laughter. he didn't move an inch even though the sound made his heart beat a bit quicker.

"is that... for me?" you asked, your laughing fit over. you were so confused by this man's actions, but it was in the best way possible. it was super thoughtful of him, but you couldn't help but laugh at how unexpected it was and how awkwardly he held it out to you. it was endearing.

"it's your lunch break," his modified voice rang out, stoic as ever. it still made your heart sing.

you reached out slowly, grabbing the sandwich. your hand lightly touched his gloved one. the contact still sent a spark through both his and your veins.

you stared at the wrapped up sandwich in your hands, a small exhale of a laugh leaving your lips. you looked up at him, smile bright on your face. "thank you, kylo," you said genuinely.

hearing you say his name without a tinge of fear or doubt as to whether or not you were allowed to address him so casually had his heart fluttering. he gave a little nod, not trusting himself enough to say anything without his voice cracking. kylo backed away awkwardly, not wanting to look away from the expression of pure gratitude and slight confusion on your face. he never wanted to stop looking at your beautiful smile, a smile he had caused. he took pride in being someone that could make you smile.

and smile you did. you were constantly smiling in the presence of kylo ren. (you were probably the only person smiling in the presence of kylo ren.) you loved his awkward attempts at social interactions, his odd yet endearing gestures of kindness. you loved when he'd sit with you for a while, listening to you go on and on about random things as he listened intently. you especially loved his weird way of flirting where he'd say something which was sorta sweet really abruptly (i.e. "your patience for doing such meaningless repairs is admirable"). every time he does this, he immediately clenches his fists after and looks down, as if he was frustrated with himself for talking. it's so cute and funny that you'd always let out the biggest laugh and thank him for the "compliment", staring at that blank mask.

the mask. you knew he liked to keep it off for a lot of the time, but for some reason it was always on around you. you'd never seen his face, and you knew that was on purpose. it was as if that was his last defense. he knew that if you were to look at him, really look at him, all bets were off. this mask was protecting him from the unknown he was so afraid of. it was protecting him from being vulnerable, exposed, weak. yes, that's the word he was looking for. the things he felt made him weak. weak all because of you. you were his weakness, but he couldn't let you see that.

you'd never asked him to take off the mask, and that really fucked with him. it really fucked with him because your thoughts were so loud in his head. he knew you wanted to see him, to look at him, to touch him. he knew because that's all you thought when you stared back at him, eyes wide and smile soft. you never asked him to take it off. you never asked him for anything. however, it wasn't out of fear — no, you had never feared him — it was out of respect. you respected his boundaries, content with only seeing that mask if it meant you got to be with him. it made him shiver. you really were his weakness.

he thought of you again, the same thought flowing through his mind for weeks on end. you were his weakness. he was frustrated, conflicted, scared. he stood in the dark corridor, red glow emanating from the lightsaber gripped tightly in his right hand. he was not weak.

other hand in a fist at his side, he breathed in and out, trying to calm himself. he was not weak.

twirling the saber, he was preparing to destroy everything in his path. he was not weak.

yet, he froze as soon as he felt your presence. it was like his heart was caught in his throat, unable to swallow down the strong emotions he felt. as you neared cautiously, he felt something in you he'd never felt before. fear.

it broke him.

his head and shoulders dropped. he switched off his saber, it slipping from his grasp. hot tears started to form, his breaths shallow. he was frozen in the dark, too consumed with the emotions swirling around his mind to feel you step around him quickly to stand in front of him. you looked up at him having no idea what he wanted you to do, so you went with your gut.

your hands slowly went to that mask of his. you didn't move to take it off. you just held his mask in your little hands, tilting his head in your direction. you sighed, not knowing if he could even see you as you stared warmly at him. when your arms wrapped around his torso meekly, he went stiff. his breath hitched and his heart pounded.

he pulled away from you abruptly. you frowned internally, looking up at him as blankly as you could. in the silence, you could almost hear kylo's heart beating out of his chest. then his hands moved to his mask.

there was a little click followed by a short hiss. your heartbeat quickened, almost matching kylo's.

for the first time, your eyes met his. there was a fluttering in your chest as you studied his face in the dim light of the empty corridor. somehow, he was more beautiful than how you imagined him in your dreams.

kylo was anxious, his intense stare on you. all you wanted to do was feel him, but you were too nervous, too polite to do so on your own. kylo grabbed your slightly shaky hands lightly, swallowing as he brings them back to his face, placing them exactly where you had put them on his mask. he let go, dropping his hands to lightly grip your hips. your hands stayed put, fingertips lightly brushing his skin. you lightly traced his jawline with your thumb until you moved your hands up to his cheeks. the warmth from where your skin met his traveled through you, the butterflies fluttering in your stomach. you moved a hand to his shoulder, steadying yourself as you reached up to run a hand through his soft hair. he closed his eyes, reveling in the sweet caresses you gave him.

after a while, you looked to his plump lips in a slight pout as he stared at yours. kylo's arms slowly wrapped around your hips as yours draped around his neck. leaning down to you, his lips smothered yours.

something inside of kylo burst, and it was as if it was only the two of you in the entire galaxy. his mind was clear as day when he realized. he had never felt stronger.
— — — — — —
LOL THIS WAS SO LONG. ANYWAYS.

- cee