Jim chuckled "you say that, but it's because Sussie is around more often ain't it?" Jim asked. Kathryn's eyes widened in shock to which Jim laughed more "you aren't good at hiding when you don't like people Kathryn. You're honest in every way, t'why I like you so much." Jim said. Kathryn smiled playfully. "that the only reason? she asked tapping her bottom lip with her finger.

"no" Jim said softly leaning up to meet her in a kiss. However, their moment was quickly ruined by the obnoxious cries coming from the next room over and the squeaking of a tired worn bed. Kathryn rolled her eyes "they're sickening behaving like that, that woman's got no class and neither does he." She barked.

Jim ruffled his hair and shrugged "Bad Frank is catching the Hatfields, he ain't so bad. just ain't got much tact." Jim said. Kathryn folded her arms and glared at the wall "an what's her excuse. running about with men, while wedded to another, another she openly hates." Kathryn muttered. "Nancy's messed up, you know she found her Pa's body when she was little. did something to her." Jim sighed.

"Made her an vile hearted, shrew. that is what it did." Kathryn murmured, She marched around the med and to the wall, balling up her fist she hit the wall "have some decorum about yourselves! this place is for decent interaction!" she shouted. Jim covered his mouth to quiet his laughter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnsey found himself back at home again, Helping Elias set up traps encase any bounty hunters got wind of where they were staying. He found he spent less time at home than he ever would have imagined. 

Nancy was cold, most days, sometimes she was overly kind and it had started to scare him. In his mind he'd chalked it up to mood swings, which really scared him.  the days when she was quiet, left him to think about Roseanna, often day dreaming of what could have been. thinking of her used to make him happy, now all it did was make his heart tie into a painful knot.

"you sure you ain't got nothing else for me to do uncle Lias?" Johnsey asked. "not that I can think of, Johnsey, yous done everything." Elias chuckled, sitting down with his fiddle, He started to play a tune that in several years he was still terrible at.

Johnsey winced at the horrible sound. "oh, alright then..." he sighed, dragging his feet he headed towards his horse. Not  far off, between the brush and tree's Johnsey spotted his Uncle Jim, Johnsey went to smile and wave, when her noticed to men lurking in the shadows of the trees. "Uncle Jim?" Johnsey murmured walking closer. 

"you miss this up and I'll come a kill ya my self, " Johnsey heard Jim say. the chill in his voice made a shiver run up Johnsey's spine. "U-Uncle Jim?" Johnsey called louder this time, stopping at the edge of the trees.  Jim glanced over his shoulder to Johnsey as the two men walked off.

"hey, Johnsey!" Jim called, a smile replacing the cold expression that had once took over. Johnsey returned that smile uneasily, "uncle Jim, who was them men?" he asked. "oh, wasn't no one, just some boys from town." Jim said with a shrug. "I coulda swore I saw the young one before..." Johnsey murmured, the young man's face looked vaguely familiar. "maybe, they're from town. anyways, what you doing out here again?" Jim asked. stuffing tobacco in his cheek.

 Johnsey scowled, "can't a man visit his family?" he asked, He didn't feel like getting anymore grief from being away from his home. "yes, just odd for man to spend s'much time away from his wife, without ever bringing her 'long with 'im. is all." Jim mused, his eyes shimmered with amusement as Johnsey puffed up. "shut up uncle Jim! you know dawg on well if I brung Nancy Ma woulda killed her before she got to the door!" Johnsey barked.

As his nephew's face started to turn red with anger, Jim cackled "calm down boy I'm only messin' wit'cha" said Jim. Johnsey side glanced at his uncle with a scowl "yeah I bet." he muttered.