The Shack

Chyna ran around to the barn, hiding in the shadows of the night, thunder cracked and a downpour of rain blanketed the earth

Chyna ran around to the barn, hiding in the shadows of the night, thunder cracked and a downpour of rain blanketed the earth. Chyna looked up towards the sky in dismay but voices brought her back into focus. She peeked around the wooden wall to see Ellison and Elias going to the horses. "I can't take a horse, they'll know then" She thought her eyes wandering to a small Hinny sitting quietly tied up near her at the back of the Barn.

Chyna road through the Woods, the Hinny wasn't fast as a horse but the little equine was getting the job done. Chyna came to the river and found herself gazing at it, all at once fear settled into her bones. inhaling and exhaling she hardened her nerves and kicked lightly at the Hinny's side driving it across the shallow waters. 

Chyna took a path through the woods she hadn' tread in a long time. Her eyes scanned the dark carefully. "it's 'round here somewhere I know it is" Chyna thought to herself peering through the pouring rain. Her eyes faintly spotted a flicking light. "there'tis" she breathed clicking the Hinny's side with her heels she rushed over to the light.

Jonhse walked out of the old Cabin, Tolbert having a pistol pointed to his back. His heart racing in his chest. Tolbert went to speak when a ruckus of hooves, Hee-haws, and shouting came rushing up. "Johnse!" Chyna called hopping off the Hinny she ran in front of him, standing to face Tolbert. "Chyna?" Johnse asked wide-eyed and baffled. "what in the hell are you doin' here?" He asked. Chyna side glanced behind her "a little bird tol' me something wasn't right" She said turning her eyes over the McCoy boys. 

She tried her best to avoid Tolbert's gaze. Her eyes fell on Calvin who promptly looked to the ground. "you all best go on home" Chyna said calmly. "it ain't worth it, jus' go on home!" She shouted. "we ain't gotta take no orders from no nigger!" Tolbert roared. Chyna shook and took a step back. she gulped and balled her hands into fists. Tolbert smirked with pride as he saw the fear rushing into her eyes.  Chyna drew in a deep breath "You can stand there in ya' like. don't make no difference to me if I shoot you to" Tolbert said. Chyna leered and lifted both her arms out and up to her sides glaring at Tolbert. 

"you ain't no honor! standing against the family that took care of you!" Palmer shouted out Chyna leered at him "I ain't  owe you nothing!" She spat, blood boiling in her veins. Calvin looked up timidly as Tolbert took a step forward causing Chyna to step back more. "stay away!" she shouted. "you can't do this! think of your brothers!  don't lead them into murder!" Chyna shouted. Her eyes going between Jim and Tolbert McCoy.  "you're the eldest you watch over them, you call this off and they'll stop" Chyna stated calmly.