Chapter 4: "Giving time"

LYDIA

Lydia and Scott decided to go to school the day of the funeral. They thought it was the best way to clear their minds.

Everything seemed to be quiet without Stiles on their side. Kira and Isaac where there, but it just felt like some piece was missing. Allison.

Lydia didn't have time to think about Allison's death. She was with Stiles the whole time he was in the hospital, even if he didn't say a word.

Scott finally went home after he woke up and she stayed. Every night Stiles used to wake up covered in cold sweat and screaming in pain. Crying for his trauma with the nogitsune. Crying for the moment he killed Allison. Crying for the moment he killed his dad.

Everyone knew that it wasn't his fault. No one chooses to be possessed by an evil spirit, but that didn't convince Stiles at all.

Finally, when he woke up at the morning, he used to say he didn't remember anything about the last night.

It was the last class of the day. Lydia was looking at the new girl, Malia. She seemed to be a good girl, even if she didn't have experience in relating to people because she was a coyote the biggest part of her life.

The class was very boring, nothing that Lydia didn't know. That teacher used to repeat everything.

———————

SCOTT

Scott was on the last sit, looking at the empty desk next to him, where Stiles used to sit. School wasn't the same without him.

He really missed Allison, they had not been dating the moment she died though. After all, she died in his arms, he felt like he will never get used to being without her.

And Stiles was going to live with him. Somehow is what they've always wanted, but not under these circumstances. Scott said he was gonna help, although he didn't know how.

When school finally ended, he drove Lydia to her house, she had to get dressed for the funerals.

The police station was going to do a big ceremony for the sheriff. Noah was a person very loved by everyone.

Then, the pack was going to say goodbye to Allison with her only family still alive, Chris.

———————

STILES

The sun shining was annoying. Stiles hasn't talked for days and he had to confess that it was killing him. However, he didn't fell the urge of talking.

The day of the funeral finally arrived and Mellisa brought him a tray with food a half an hour ago, but Stiles threw away the contents of it.

He spent some minutes looking at the black suit on the bed ready for Allison and his father's funeral until he gathered the strength to put it on.

Then, he walked to Melissa's car, Scott was already there.

———————

LYDIA

Lydia was ready to one of the saddest days of her life. She drove with her mum to the cemetery.

When she arrived she saw him. Stiles. He was was pale with bags under his eyes. But this time wasn't because of the nogitsune. It was because he had been crying a lot.

Lydia just gave him a little smile which he replied with a sad look.

The whole police station was on the sheriff's funeral. Stiles was encouraged to say some words, which made everyone cry a lot. However, he couldn't finish his speech because he began to sink into tears.

That was the most heartbreaking moment Lydia has ever lived. Watching Stiles broken like that. Something told her that he wouldn't be the same person after all he's been through.

When Stiles came back next to Melissa and Scott, Lydia went next to him. She grabbed his hand making a light caress with her fingertips. They stared at each other for a minute.

When the ceremony finished, the pack stayed for an hour looking at Allison's grave. Lydia was still next to Stiles but now they were sit under a tree and she had a hand on his shoulder while he was crying so hard, which made everyone started to cry.