oh darling

If she won't give up, neither will I....I'm going to ruin her

"Mr. Park, can you please try to explain to me these 'voices' in your head?"

"And why should I share my inner mind with you? You won't be here for long." He chuckles, staring straight into my eyes.

"What makes you say that, Mr. Park?" I tilted my head to the side.

He leaned back in his chair. "Ahh, you're so cute when you act stupid," He stood from his seat, pressing his palms onto the table and leaning closer to me. "Just give up, darling. You're not going to 'fix' me. I'm happy the way I am."

"I don't want to 'fix' you, Mr. Park. I want to help you."

He scoffs. "Oh please, darling. You want to help me? Get me out of this damn place."

He rested his head in his hands, having sat back down.

"Ok, if that is what will help you." I relented.

He slowly brought his head to my level, and raised one of his perfectly shaped eyebrows in a smug way.

"Ohhh darling, you have no idea what you just agreed to." His voice was laced with dark mischief.

I held his gaze, daring him to break eye contact. He never did.

"I will come up with a plan over the next few weeks and relay it to you when I find it. Meanwhile y-" He didn't even let me finish.

"Don't worry about a plan, Dr. Kang, I have that covered. But I think.....I think you should keep coming to see me. I may need your....assistance." At this he smiled, however it wasn't a cheerful smile. It was a smile of crazy, crazy that reached up into his eyes, or maybe it was leaking down from his brain. I couldn't be sure. But whatever he had planned couldn't be good for me and I was regretting suggesting this whole thing.

He stood up from his seat, casually starting to pace the room and muttering to himself. Then he stopped, and looked at me again.

"I apologize, my darling, for it seems I never told you my name." He walked towards my chair.

"I know your name, Mr. Pa-"

"I'm the Joker," He was right behind me, leaning down to whisper in my ear, sending chills throughout my body, "and if you're lying to me about helping me escape, you'll regret it."

That last sentence scared me deep down. In fact, his whole being scared me to the core. But he also intrigued me, and that's why I kept coming back. I wasn't lying, I genuinely wanted to help him, and if this was the only way then so be it.

.....but I can't help but think that I should have thought this through more.

~ hold on to your seatbelts, it's about to get rocky :)

-A<3