"Lenna! Seriously get yourself out of bed and get dressed!! You're leaving in ten minutes," Mrs Macready yelled as she left the room. Lenna could hear her heels clicking on the wooden floor as she moved away down the corridor.

Sighing and knowing that Mrs Macready would come back and forcefully drag her out of bed, she stumbled sleepily out of bed and walked over to the chair where her new school uniform lay. Lenna had never been to a boarding school.
In fact she had never been to any kind of school, as the professor preferred
to homeschool her. He said he could teach her better than anyone else.

It had taken a while for the professor to agree in letting her go. He had been reluctant due to Lenna having been raised differently and now that she knew her true past, she wasn't like the other people her age. But when Lenna had assured him that she wouldn't be alone as the Pevensies were going to the same school and told the Professor that the Pevensies would look out for her, he had finally given into the girl's constant pleading.

Lenna believed that if she was to be stuck in this world until her father called her back or until she found another way into Narnia, then she would have to blend in. She couldn't stay hidden in the Professor's house forever.

Lenna pulled on the grey tights, grey skirt and buttoned up a white shirt, tied her tie and finished off with the red blazer. She braided her red hair into half and half plaits so that half of her hair still hung over her shoulders and back. Her amber eyes looked at her appearance in the mirror before her and she smiled widely. She was finally going to see the Pevensies after nearly a year but what felt like hundreds.

Grabbing her suitcase which she had packed the night before, and which had been triple checked by Mrs Macready, Lenna hurried down the stairs. She slipped on some black shoes and entered the kitchen to see the Professor sat at the table and browsing that morning's paper.

"I'm ready!" Lenna called. Professor Kirke looked up from the newspaper and smiled. He looked at the girl stood before him with a huge grin plastered on her face.

Although Lenna had grown into a beautiful young woman, he still saw the small girl who had fallen out his wardrobe who he had vowed to protect until it was time for her to return home. Professor Kirke had grown to love Lenna like his own. Having no family of his own certainly had limited his interaction skills with the younger generations but Lenna had been an easy child to raise. The Professor smiled at the memories of hide and seek and bedtime stories of far off places.

"Very good," Professor Kirke stood up and walked over to Lenna. Pulling her into a hug, Lenna was engulfed with the familiar smell of tobacco and peppermint.

"Now remember Lenna, if you feel uncomfortable for any reason just send me a letter and I will get you back here straight away."

She smiled at him as she pulled away from his tight embrace. "I'll be fine! I promise. I'll have the Pevensies for company,"

He smiled wistfully before telling her to head outside to where Mrs Macready was waiting for her in the carriage.

〰️

Lenna climbed out of the taxi after paying the driver and looked around. She was at the station that would take her to school. She had never been to the centre of London and she felt very overwhelmed by the busyness of the city.

Spotting a magazine stand not too far away, she decided to grab one for the train ride. Lenna looked around hoping for a glimpse of the Pevensies as she crossed over to the other side of the road. Walking over to the stand Lenna saw a girl who looked about her age; the girl's back was facing her as she read one of the magazines. There was a boy talking to her and judging by the girl's hunched shoulders, she was very uninterested in what the boy was saying.