➸ 𝐧𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐳𝐞𝐡𝐧

Start from the beginning

Hyeju 8:33pm
blondieeeee

*Read 8:33pm*

Hyeju 8:33pm
cmon blondie dont
be mad...

*Read 8:34pm*

Hyeju 8:34pm
i was joking

Hyeju 8:34pm
stop leaving me on read,
youre so sexy ahahaha

A few minutes passed and Hyeju was growing anxious again. She was sure Chaewon had clearly seen the text, despite the read receipts not showing up. Maybe Hyeju had been a bit too careless with that last joke.

She totally hates me now.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Why am I always ruining things?

It must have been too dark or Hyeju was too distracted by her phone, because she definitely didn't notice the utility pole in front of her. And she definitely couldn't stop herself from bumping to it, head on. Fortunately for Hyeju, no one had been around to witness the scene so she had saved herself the embarrassment.

'Fuck!' She hissed, placing her hand over her now swollen wound. 'Aish,' Hyeju groaned as she noticed the blood coming from it. How was she going to get home looking like this? Her mom would definitely kill her. But that wasn't the only mistake she'd make today.

*ding*

'Now I get a text?!' How convenient.

With her left hand still on her newly made bruise, Hyeju managed to open her phone with her other hand, taking this as an opportunity to call Sooyoung as well. Maybe they'd come up with something together so Hyeju's mom wouldn't scold her.

New notification:

Blondie ;)

Blondie ;) 8:38pm
you're so ???
anyway, i'll see you tomorrow.
gn hyeju-ah

For a moment she forgot about her bleeding forehead and allowed herself to smile before sending Chaewon a 'good night' text back. Maybe she hadn't ruined things between them yet.

Suddenly she heard a car's door being opened from behind, chills running down her spine. There weren't any other people around so Hyeju was too scared to turn around and look who was behind her.

Am I really going to get kidnapped right now?

Her head was pounding and her surroundings were spinning. Maybe she had hit her head harder than she thought, but she couldn't stop herself from stumbling back and tripping on her own legs.

But she didn't fall. On the contrary, she was caught right on time by a pair of arms tightly embracing her. 'Hyeju?! What the hell happened?!' Heejin asks in panic upon seeing the state the other girl was in. 'Oh my god, your forehead is bleeding!'

Hyeju had to shut her eyes off as if that was going to stop Heejin's voice from hurting her head. Everything started to sound so loud that she felt like she was going to pass out at any given moment. But the only thing running in her mind right now was Heejin and what the other girl was doing there.

'H-h..ji-in, wht yer he-er..e?' Her mouth wasn't cooperating either which was definitely frustrating the taller girl.

Heejin's eyes widened when she heard the failed attempt at making a cohesive sentence from the other girl. Does she have a concussion? But I didn't even see her fall. 'Let's go to my car. I have a first aid kit in there so I'll treat your wound.'