Chapter 79: Patience

Zacznij od początku

She eyed it through slitted eyes as they disappeared into the thicket. The corner of her lips curved upwards as she felt a small tap on her shoulder. She knew who it was.

"Good morning, Shin-ah."

His soft noise of surprise made a giggle erupt from her lungs. He missed her last night and wanted to go with her, but she wouldn't let him for some reason. There were a lot of them that had yet to be down there with her, and he couldn't help but worry for her safety. She told him she was protected now that Yona was known as her master, but he didn't like not even being able to watch over her from a distance.

Nuzzling into her neck, he planted a kiss on her shoulder, still half asleep. "... Hello..."

Her heart burst at how adorable the sleepy blue dragon was.

"Aw, Shin-ah, you're so cute!!" She squealed, catching someone's attention.

He blushed, but took a step back when he saw the green dragon staring at the two of them. Calista tilted her head, wondering what made him move and once she determined the source of his unease, she glared at him.

Jae-ha held up his hands innocently, and she stuck out her tongue at him at the sight of a smirk curling on the corner of his mouth.

"Go away, Droopy-Eyes."

She was trying to indulge in a moment.

"But Calista dear, I'm hungry. You wouldn't starve this beautiful man, would you?"

"Yes." She said at the same time as someone else.

Flashing her brother a grin at his cooperation, she turned her attention back to the pot.

"Uh, is it supposed to be doing that?" Hak said warily as the contents began to overheat and splatter in every direction.

"I don't know!!" Calista wailed as it got worse. "Yoon told me to watch it!!"

"Well— Ack!! What did he—" He cut off, throwing his arm in front of Yona to protect her from the flying food. "Bat-Ears, you're supposed to stir it!!"

"WHAT?! HE DIDN'T TELL ME THAT!!"

Kija's shriek echoed through the air, turning heads. The said pretty boy arrived at the chaotic scene a second after, immediately shouting angrily at her.

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO KEEP AN EYE ON IT!!!"

Calista dodged the hot contents expertly, pulling an oblivious Zeno out of the way before he got burned. "You told me to watch it!! You didn't tell me to do anything else!!"

Yoon huffed angrily, stirring the pot's contents, reducing the angry sputtering to a lull. Luckily, none of it burned too badly, and he only lost a little bit of the food. He scooped out decent sized portions, handing them out to everyone.

"Stupid fighter..."

To his surprise, Calista just bowed her head instead of firing a witty comment back or whining childishly. Understanding dawned on him once he saw the familiar glassy look in her eye and came closer, setting down a steaming hot food in front of her.

She didn't move to acknowledge him, but he didn't care, crouching down in front of her.

I messed up.

"You didn't do anything wrong. This is yours, please eat it. It will make me very happy." He told her bluntly, unable to fully let go of his usual harsh tone.

That seemed to do the trick though, and she raised her head, eyes still a bit vacant but a little more clear.

"Really?"