Chapter 3-What Just Happened?!

"Go to your room." She said this in a calm voice, one that I'm not familiar with. It was as if she was ashamed and exhausted to even reply with words that would burn me down.

I was frozen on the spot by her sudden change of tone. "I SAID GO TO YOUR ROOM!" Ah, there she was. There's the mother I know and hate. I forced my feet to run upstairs to my room-the only place in the house where I felt comfortable. My privacy triggered warm tears roll down my cheeks. Tears made my sight a blur. A loud thump was the last thing I heard and felt before darkness filled my vision.

I walked through the deep, dry snow in the chilly, foggy air of an unusual morning. Just yesterday, it was autumn and now were in the middle of winter, it seemed like. I could hear my name being called but I didn't know where it was coming from. I couldn't recognize the voice, either. Whoever was yelling sounded so close but it felt like the destination would take me a thousand years to get to. I had no where to go to. I didn't have a clue where I was. I was completely oblivious. The mysterious voice kept calling my name. "Juliet! Juliet!..."

"JULIET!" I jolted awake. Strangely, I was on my bed.
"What do you need?" I grumbled.
"Can you please set the table for dinner, sweetie?" A soft, ladylike voice echoed.
"Set the table, Cinderelly. Wash the dishes, Cinderelly. Scrub the floors, Cinde-" My thoughts were cut off by the realization of what I just heard.

I sprinted down to the dining table to see that my mother and father were stood behind a pulled-out dining chair. They didn't look wasted, stressed or filled with hatred. They looked...happy?