Chapter 5- The Woods

I bat my eyes to adjust to the brightness. Beeps filled the room, cords and tubes connected me to unfamiliar machines. Beside me is a chair sat on by a person with closed eyes, looking cozy on the chair. I'm laid on a bed, not the most comfortable one but I'm glad I had a rest. Too much rest.

I touched my toe to the cold floor. As I nearly dropped the rest of my foot, I felt light poking on my sole. Trees towered over the green grass and blooming shades of pink dotted the woods. There was no cord or tube that attached me to machines which I sensed it has been there for so long. No one controlling me. No emptiness. I've never felt so carefree as I twirled. The moment was beyond compare.

Gradually, an image was brought to my sight. My parents sauntered to the opposite direction with genuine grins. For the first time since I could remember, they appeared to be untroubled. Every second became a larger distance between me and them. Every second created a chance for desolation to dawn on me.

Light strokes on my cheek made me aware of my surroundings. "Hello, beautiful," the familiar blue-eyed boy uttered, "pleasing day, huh?". He was right. The sun shown brightly right above us, its warmth perfect for the season, tall trees stood in a parallel manner, and flowers bloomed in their own appealing ways. The setting hadn't changed yet the compliment that he gave made the woods look more immaculate than it did. "You just wait." he added, his tone so subtle. Dark clouds covered the warm brightness. Lightning replaced the sun. Thunder staggered me along with his words that spiralled through my mind. Water rolled down my cheek, unsure if it was a teardrop or rain. I saw him trod away in a sly manner. Tightly, I shut my eyes in agony.

Light strokes on my cheek made me open my eyes. "GET A DOCTOR OR SOMETHING, SHE'S AWAKE! HURRY!".
"Hayes." I inevitably whispered, barely actually. A smile crept onto my face, which enabled him to do the same. 'What am I doing? I just met him days ago!' I thought to myself. I recalled the memory of him and I in the woods, causing me to form a confused, worried, and nervous look. A doctor, nurses, a family, and a woman, who I'd not clearly recognized, rushed in.