❀13-Emma❀

Emma walked along the back of the house with a frown.

Ever since Iza left, Mama has been keeping a close eye on her and Norman to the point where she'd suspect them for breathing differently.

But at least she was glad that for the past few weeks Gilda, Don, Anna, Nat, Thoma, Lannion and Phil weren't being suspected so they could train and prepare the others for the escape.

Her gaze shifted towards the garden that had grown many flowers.

With one flower in particular catching her attention.

Violets.

But it wasn't the regular violets.

This violet in particular was a small, blue, hot hued flower with five petals.

Basically, a blue violet.

Emma bent down and reached to touch the flower.

She felt hot tears start to form in her eyes as a figure slowly appeared beside her.

It was Iza.

Iza had a soft smile plastered on her face as she stared at Emma.

"I have a memory.."

"Of someone I can't quite remember picking this as my flower once before."

"They said it was called a blue violet."

"It's small yet is edible and has medicinal properties."

"It's said to represent intuition, love, faith, and affection."

"Love. Personally, I don't think that part suits me at all."

"What do you think Emma?" The bluenette asked, staring at the orange haired girl with a soft smile.

"I-it's.."

"I-it matches you perfectly Iza." she sniffed.

The bluenette chuckled before cupping Emma's cheeks in her palms.

"In that case, you can be the sunshine that helps me grow."

'But I made you wither instead..If only I'd known sooner i--'

"But love, huh?" Iza interrupted her thoughts.

She always was good at that, invading Emma's thoughts out of nowhere.

There was not a day when Emma wouldn't think of her.

And Emma wouldn't have had it any other way.

"In that case,"

Iza slowly turned to look at Emma.

"I love you, Emma." She happily teased, flashing a dorky, bright smile that made Emma lunge at her for a hug.

The apparition instantly vanished the moment Emma touched it.

"Iza.." Emma sobbed as she hugged the air.

"You poor thing." Emma heard a voice speaking from behind her.

It was a voice she knew so well and grew to resent.

Mama.

"So you're hallucinating about Iza just like Norman is?"

She felt a pair of arms slowly wrap around her, pulling her into a hug, as she stared at the ground with tears slowly falling from her face.

She felt disgusted.

"It hurts me to see you in so much pain you know."

"Have you finally given up yet? Do you finally understand why I told you to give up?" The woman asked as Emma remained silent.

"Iza's dead, Norman's lost it, and Ray's depressed."

"You're all alone now." She continued as Emma gritted her teeth and clenched her fists.

She remembered the look on Norman's face that day, the way he reached out to what he thought was Iza, with a hopeful and desperate look in his eyes, broke her heart.

The way Ray cries in the middle of the night, barely eating, sleeping or leaving the library.

To see her best friends slowly falling into despair as she herself tried everything in her power not to do the same was slowly draining her.

If this is what Mama can make them go through, she couldn't imagine what Iza had to deal with. What kind of hell Iza had to put herself through to be as resilient as she was.

All those times she'd hold the trembling bluennette in her arms. She hadn't understood at that time and mostly assumed it to be a nightmare but she knew the truth now.

Both remained silent until Mama spoke.

"Hey Emma.."

"Would you like to become a Mama?" Isabella asked as Emma's eyes widened.

She frowned, pushing herself away from the woman and opening herself to speak.

"Who would ever become such a thing? Is what you're thinking right?" Mama cuts her off with a smirk, cupping her cheeks.

"Just give up."

"It's the only option we have,"

"Accept despair so you don't have to hurt anymore, and live to become a Mama."

"You can care for children and not be eaten, you can even stay in this house just like you wanted."

"You said you never wanted to leave right?"

Emma was so stunned at what the woman was asking her to do.

Mama's tone of voice was soft yet empty and her purple orbs were nothing but dull and lifeless as she said those words.

The girl pondered what she said for a moment.

'It's the only option we have.' she repeated the words in her head, remembering what Iza said before as well.

'All the options I've concluded need a sacrifice.' Iza's words echoed in her mind, causing her to clench her fists.

"No.."

'Why must there always be a sacrifice?' her eyebrows furrowed.

"No matter what happens I'm never going to become like you." Emma responded, glaring at Mama as the woman could only frown with a look of disappointment in her eyes.

'I'm not sacrificing anyone.'

"If that's how you truly feel then suit yourself."

"Continue to writhe in agony from your naive and foolish decision."

"Just like Iza chose to do." she reveals, letting go of the girl as she turned and walked away with a sad expression on her face, leaving the girl on the ground with tears in her eyes.

Emma won't give up.

She won't.

"Don't ever give up no matter what happens Emma."

"You're everyone's hope, as well as mine. If you give up, everyone will as well."

"So stay strong, sunshine!" Emma recalled the bluenette's words hours before the bluenette was shipped.

"I love you." Iza's words ran in her head, motivating her.

"I love you too, Iza." She responded softly.

'I won't give up, for the sake of our family I won't give up.' Emma declared as she slowly stood up, supporting herself with her crutches as she slowly made her way back inside the house.

'And I'm not sacrificing anyone anymore either.'