❀29- Lost soul❀

The door creaks open to a dark dimly lit room.

"Boss."

Iza's eyes looked up from her book and at Vincent.

"We found a rat." He said monotonously, knowing the bluennette understood what he meant as she looked back down to her book.

A tiny smile flashed across her face.

"Keep him."

The boy nodded, leaving the girl alone before closing the door.

Iza's fingers trailed along her new journal, rereading her notes.

A weird and cold liquid dripped from her nose, confusing her. She wiped it, suddenly coughing harshly at the sudden pain in her body.

"AGH!" She started hunching over, her crow flying off screaming while her wolf stood close next to her.

Panic set in as her vision became blurry, dark even, she stumbled, feeling herself lose control of her body that violently convulsed on the ground.

"Boss? The crow started pecking me to you-"

"BOSS!" He swiftly closed the door, running towards her side.

Her body was paralyzed for a couple seconds before she regained control of it again.

Gasping for air, her body was exhausted, sore and in pain.

What was happening to her?

Iza tried to get up from the ground, coughing repeatedly.

"Boss, slow down what just happened to you?"

Vincent could not even finish his sentence before a sudden sharp pain hit the girl.

"MY HEAD URK-" more blood came out her nose as she held her head that felt like it was splitting apart.

She gritted her teeth, holding back her screams of pain.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Iza wouldn't admit it out loud, but despite all this pain, she felt a sense of excitement through it.
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

The feeling of her life ending that very second thrilled her but she knew she couldn't.

She had to finish her things first.

Realizing, Vincent ran to get the glass of water nearby and the pills he carried around.

"Boss hurry and drink this!" He handed her a couple variation pills and a glass of water.

"Why would I drink?!- DAMMIT AGH!" She couldn't even complain before another wave of pain hit her.

It felt liberating but she snatched the pills and water from Vincent's hands.

Gulping it down, the pain slowly grew numb as she took a deep breath and drank more water.

She wondered when she could feel that thrill again.

"What did you just..give me?" She questioned, causing a grim expression to form on his face.

"Drugs from lambda. They're supposed to stop me and the other kid's seizures."

"Smee said you were different. But why are you experiencing the side effects only those experimented on have."

Iza sighed, brushing her hair with her fingers.