02. First Encounter

The next morning, 

The next morning, 

“Another nightmare?” Someone asked Shen Wei while put a cup of coffee in Shen Wei’s desk “You look terrible, as usual” 

“As usual” Shen Wei sighed and leaned his back on the chair “Anyway, thanks for the coffee, xiao-ge” 

“Did you find something? I really wanted to ask more back then when I was in Bei City but I didn’t have time so I just manage to find out about that school” 

“It’s more than enough, thank you anyway” Shen Wei said “I think that Ah Lan is some kind of nickname. So, my focus is only to people with Lan as their name, and so far I found 18 names with Lan” 

“Have you try to remember again?” 

“I’ve tried but I didn’t find any clue. Maybe I will never remember my past again” Shen Wei said and took a sip of his coffee “I actually manage to remember his face” 

“And you didn’t find someone that looks like a man in your dream?” 

“No, I didn’t find it” Shen Wei shook his head and then looked at his best friend before gave him desperate smile “It suck when you forget about your past and all people around you can’t help you at all. I wonder why my family keep my past as secret” 

“I’m sorry…..” 

“Xiaoge, do you want to accompany me? I want to go to Bei City and meet my family” Shen Wei asked 

“Didn’t you said that you never met your family since they sent you here?” his best friend asked 

“Yeah, but I just want to talk and say hi. It’s been 10 years already” Shen Wei said “So will you?” 

“You know I can’t say no to you” Zhang Kylin said. He is Shen Wei’s bestfriend for the past 10 years. They met at the university and since then, they were inseparable. Zhang Kylin (or Shen Wei called him Xiaoge), always helped Shen Wei and accompany Shen Wei whenever Shen Wei asked him. 

Also, Shen Wei always told Zhang Kylin anything, including his amnesia and his dream about Ah Lan and car accident. Zhang Kylin always helped Shen Wei to find out about his past. 

*** 

A week later on their day off, Shen Wei and Zhang Kylin went to Bei City. With the help of his uncle, Shen Wei managed to find the address of his family’s house. After 5 hours driving, they were arrived in front of a fancy house near the lake. The house was more like small version of a palace with a huge front yard. 

“This is your house?” Zhang Kylin frowned “You never told me that your family is very rich” 

“I don’t know either, I never met them since 10 years ago and I got amnesia, so….” Shen Wei then unfastened his seatbelt “Let’s find out….”