④Don't Worry About That

Start from the beginning

Their day passed by idly until it was time for Jeongguk to get ready to go to work. Honestly, he was anxious about it and almost felt like puking when he finally stood outside of the club.

He arrived twenty minutes earlier than he should, but he just couldn't help it. He hated being late, and if he had taken the next bus, he would definitely be late. He always preferred to be the one waiting than to make others wait.

The door was closed, and that only made him frown. He tried pushing it, but nothing happened. It didn't even have a handle, and he didn't know what he was doing. "How do I open this freaking door?" he muttered, frustrated, as he resumed pushing with all his strength.

"Are you trying to break in, kid?"

Jeongguk jerked his head towards the voice as he ceased his actions.

"Oh, it's you."

He instantly recognized the man as the guard from yesterday who glared at him and lowered his head. "No, I work here."

"Do you expect me to believe that?" he snickered as he neared him.

"I do work here! V gave me a job. You can talk to him," he mumbled in haste once he perceived the unnamed man was walking closer to him, still unconvinced.

He halted in front of him, peering at him through narrowed eyes. Jeongguk didn't have space to take another step back since he was already pressed against the door. Before he could protest about the uncomfortable proximity, he heard a beep and a voice a second later.

"Name."

"Seonghwa and a kid."

"A kid?"

The guard glanced down at him with a teasing smile. "This is your cue to say your name."

"Um, Jeongguk." The door suddenly opened, and he would have fallen if the guard didn't pull him to his side.

"The door won't open as much as you push it, kiddo. You have to use the intercom," Seonghwa sneered and entered the club with the other trailing behind him.

"I didn't notice."

"It figures since you were so busy pushing the door," he teased, and although Jeongguk couldn't see his face, he was sure he was sneering at him again.

He stayed silent and slowed down his gait as he didn't want to be near the scornful guard anymore. He eyeballed the place, taking in how beautiful it was with normal lighting — as normal as pink and purple lighting could be. He was too absorbed in browsing around he didn't realize there was a stair on his next step, and he toppled over, landing on his hands and knees.

Please tell me no one saw me please please please

"Do you need help, little bun?" And there he was, the narrow-minded, cocky V, leaning against the counter in all his glory with an amused smirk on his face.

Jeongguk scrambled to pull himself to his feet and dusted his hands and knees, although it wasn't necessary since the floor was literally glowing out of cleanness.

Taehyung chuckled and shook his head as the boy approached him, detecting the small pout on his lips.

"Sorry," Jeongguk said as he stood in front of him, embarrassed.

"Why are you saying sorry? You just fell."

"I'm sorry for being awkward. I should be impressing my boss, not making a fool of myself in front of him."

"Trust me, I'm already impressed by you." His voice was deadly low and undeniably alluring, hiding a few innuendos in it.

Even though Jeongguk couldn't grasp what changed in his tone and why, he at least became aware of the sudden change.