hold me (kagehina)

cred to artist for the cover pic 💗

...

Kageyama was never good at showing emotion. Everyone and their grandma knows this. He never really wanted to...that is until high school when he formally met Hinata.

He knew he was gay prior to high school, but he never had met anyone that really peaked his interest. Hinata was just his type. Small, delicate, bubbly, able to tease back, and also loves volleyball.

Hinata was also interested in Kageyama basically right away. Hinata was *very* openly gay throughout middle school and didn't give two shits about people's opinions on it. He just wanted to be available to hot dudes and that's all that mattered to him.

Speaking of hot dudes, Hinata definitely thought Kageyama was eye candy. I mean, he's tall, charming, kind of intimidating, fun to mess with, and very athletic, so of course Hinata was immediately interested.

They both kept their little crushes a secret at first because of what had happened at the end of middle school, but after a few weeks, the rest of their volleyball team started to catch on, but they all kept quiet about it since they didn't wanna air it out to the public.

Now, the team was going to a practice game and Hinata was getting awfully nervous. He and Kageyama had been perfecting their quick attack and had never used it in game, but now was the debut, even if it was only a practice game.

Once they got off the bus, they had a lot of extra time before the game, so Hinata said he was gonna go for a few minutes to cool down before warm ups. Kageyama noticed how long he was in the bathroom and decided to go check up on him.

Kageyama walked into the bathroom to see all the stalls open except one, and Hinata was curled up on the floor quietly sobbing in the closed stall. He approached the door and said worriedly, "Hinata, are you okay? Please get up."

Hinata sniffled and slowly got up. He unlocked the stall door and immediately Kageyama opened the door. "Hey, look at me dumbass," Kageyama said teasingly. Hinata didn't listen, so Kageyama bent down to his height.

"What do you want..I'm trying to calm down on my own," Hinata said, his voice still trembling from just crying. Hinata looked into Kageyama's eyes. The taller of the two felt his heart ache at the sight of Hinata so nervous and sad.

"Don't tell anyone about me being a softie for you...but I don't want you to suffer alone. We're volleyball partners, connected on the court, and I need you just as much as you need me so...please just tell me how to help you..dummy," Kageyama said, now avoiding Hinata's eyes as he straightened his stance.

Hinata looked down at the ground and said, "Well you'll just think this is stupid.."

Kageyama scoffed and responded, "I think everything you do is stupid, but please, do tell."

Hinata let out a small chuckle and said, "Well my mom used to hug me before any big games and now she's too busy to come so I just thought that maybe you could do it? God that's stupid ne-" Hinata was cut off by Kageyama pulling him into his strong arms. He held Hinata's head to his heart, which was beating way faster than normal.

Hinata blushed and returned Kageyama's warn and almost loving embrace. They stayed like that for a few minutes, enjoying each others warmth and peaceful company, as opposed to their usual dynamic.

After a bit, Kageyama pulled away, still holding Hinata's waist gently. "Was that good? I feel like my hugs totally suck ass," He said, genuinely worried that Hinata hated the hug.

Hinata giggles, responding with, "Well, of course I liked the hug, it was with you. Plus, if I didn't like it I would've pushed you away." Hinata then blushes and covers his mouth as he realizes what he said. He quickly says, "Oh my gosh, I didn't mean to come off so flirty I just-"

"It's fine. I wasn't complaining. I thought an open bubbly gay would've caught on by now," Kageyama says, wearing a smirk as he watches Hinata go red.

Hinata snaps back, saying, "Well...I'm not a dumbass, of course I saw the way you looked at me. I just didn't think you would do anything about it."

Kageyama laughs, saying, "Oh really? I wouldn't do anything about it? Well how's this for taking action, huh?" He then presses Hinata's back to the nearest wall and leans in as if to kiss him, then whispers, "Oh wait, I don't ever take action though, right?"

Kageyama slowly leans back, but before he gets far, Hinata tugs him by the collar of his jacket and pulls him in for a kiss. Kageyama is shocked, but quickly takes control.

Just as the kiss was getting heated, Daichi comes in looking for them. The two don't notice, off in their own world at this point.

"Boys are you in h- OH MY GOD. Uh I'm just gonna...heh..you two, gym, now, please, and don't look like you've been making out by the time you get there. You have five minutes...jesus," Daichi says, quickly walking back out and leaving the two embarrassed.

Kageyama and Hinata look into each others eyes, causing Hinata to start laughing, making Kageyama laugh as well. They splash water on themselves and walk side by side to the gym.

Once they enter, all of Karasuno's eyes are on them, giggled coming from Tanaka and Nishinoya. Kageyama rolls his eyes and nonchalantly says, "At least I'm getting any. Let's warm up, shall we?" Tanaka looks dejectedly at Kageyama as Nishinoya laughs at his despair.

All the boys begin warming up, and Kageyama mouths to Hinata 'Text me when you get home.' They both read lips well, so Hinata got the hint amd blushed a bit, nodding.

This was gonna be the start to an interesting relationship, huh?

...

heyy yall another chapter done

this one was short sorry 😭 but i think its cute

pls follow meh if you dont already lolol

-ikea