The second Edelgard and Hubert came into view, everyone fell silent.

Goddess Dimitri had really hoped this wasn't going to be awkward but based on their faces he was certain this new alliance would take time to get used to.

Not that Dimitri blamed them, he felt the tension as well when they were in Edelgard's room.

Dimitri looked over at Byleth as she turned around to see what had caused all of their friends to shut up so quickly.

"Claude, Edelgard... Hubert" Byleth said.

Dimitri repressed letting out a small laugh, he came to the conclusion that Byleth may have been slightly bitter having taken the hit from a Miasma ball.

Dimitri noticed a bruise forming on Hubert's cheek, did he do that?

Well, Hubert did cast a spell on Byleth so, he would say they are more or less even now.

"Alright everyone" Claude said in a loud voice, "I know, we have... much to talk about" he said "Like Claude, how does your hair look so great despite the hard fight we just endured?" Claude said in a serious tone.

Dimitri stared at him dumbfound, is he trying to make a joke? Right now, of all times?

"Claude knock it off," Byleth said sternly.

Claude shook his head, "Yesh, Byleth I was only trying to lighten the mood" he said defensively.

Edelgard stepped forward, "Claude, Byleth is right" she said "It's best not to dance around the obvious" she added.

Claude shrugged, "Fine by me" he said.

"Uh, I would like to know how Claude keeps his hair so immaculate" Sylvain laughed.

A loud smack sounded through the room.

"Ow, Hilda you are so not a delicate flower" Sylvain groaned.

Felix shook his head at Sylvain, "Next time don't be such a moron" he scolded.

"I'm genuinely surprised we lost to these idiots," Hubert said.

"Hubert," Edelgard said sternly, "Stop it," she commanded.

Hubert's face had a deep scowl.

Dimitri was beginning to think that this was probably the worst decision possible, but they dug their graves and now they must lie in them.

Edelgard:

Edelgard pinched the bridge of her nose, "Hubert" she said sternly "Stop it" she added.

The last thing they needed right now was Hubert picking fights, their alliance was still too fresh to risk jeopardizing it like that and Edelgard would also prefer that they didn't kill Hubert.

Hubert sighed, "My apologies Your-" Hubert began but stopped "Lady Edelgard" he corrected.

Lady Edelgard...

Your Highness...

Your Majesty...

Never simply Edelgard, even with her denouncing her royal claim.

She would never be truly viewed as an equal, just the Woman who tried to do whatever it took to achieve her goals and failed.

A surge of melancholy fell over her.

Edelgard glanced over at Byleth, she was shaking her head at whatever the others had just said.

"Enough" Dimitri said loudly "Sylvain control yourself we have serious matters to discuss" he added sternly.