Sonic The Hedgehog 2

The sequal for the Sonic Movie has been announced. There are vidoes online talking about it and what's to come with characters and story.

Me personal I'm excited for it, though it could be delayed as COVID-19 is going around. If the Sonic Movie is going to be in a trilogy then I would like the films to be like the games in a way.

Like following the game timeline in order from Sonic The Hedgehog up to the Modern Era.

Here is my idea for the Sonic 2 story based off of the Genesis games. I apologize if the story sucks, but this is just my idea and so on, so forth.

~Story (Official)~

After settling in Green Hills, Sonic is eager to prove that he has what it takes to be a true hero. His test comes when Dr. Robotnik returns with a new partner, Knuckles, in search of a mystical emerald that has the power to destroy civilizations. Sonic teams up with his own sidekick, Tails, and together they embark on a globe-trotting journey to find the emerald before it falls into the wrong hands.

~Story (my version)~

Sonic continues to enjoy his life on Earth after defeating Robotnik. However, adventure calls again.

Tom, Maddie, and the blue hedgehog soon meets the fox, Miles "Tails" Prower, who's been searching for him.

Tails tells them about the troubles at home and how he's been searching for Sonic to help stop whatever it is that's reeking havoc.

Though Sonic can't return home, he takes out a ring and travels with Tails (and possibly Tom) to Sonic's homeworld. By the time the three arrived, they landed in a area, looking like Emerald Hill.

The three explored until they were attacked by robotic animals with the same plating as Robotnik's drones.

Sonic and friends defeat them and discovered tiny critters (Flickies) inside the machines. Knowing that the mad doctor, who somehow escaped the Mushroom Planet, was somehow behind this, the three traveled through various places to stop Robotnik and free the captive animals.

Along the way, Sonic comes across strange gemstones within a secret dimension. Tails informs the two that the gemstones were known as Chas Emeralds and said to hold untold power.

At some point Sonic unlocks his super form and rescues his friends from Robotnik's robots.

Tom laid injured after a part of the robot fell on his leg. Sonic and Tails leave him in the care of Longclaw, who Sonic was surprised to see alive.

Longclaw tells him what happened after Sonic escaped to Earth. How she survived her Encounter with the Echidna Tribe and went into hiding to heal. Also raising a young Tails after finding him alone.

Tom stayed behind under Longclaw's care while the two continue their pursuit of Robotnik. Sonic chased Robotnik to his new base, the Death Egg, where he battles a robotic copy of himself which was powered by his quill. 

Defeating his copy, Sonic battles Robotnik in his giant mech and escapes the Death Egg as it falls towards the planet.

With the day saved, the three returned to Earth. (Secret Credit Scene) However, Robotnik survived the crash with his base on top of a mountain.

The surroundings unfamiliar, but could see it to be a island. After exploring, he stumbles upon a secret shrine with a massive gem at the center.

Before he could get close to it, he is met by the shrine's guardian. A red Echidna named Knuckles.

Due not this isn't the actual story for the second film. Just my version of what could happen