Stage 10: Road Trip

Meanwhile, Roger's car passes a sign, leaving the city.

Roger: Alright, pal. You need to start talking, right now. Who are you? What are you?

Sonic: *frowns* I'm a hedgehog. Okay Hedgehog-Human hybrid. I feel like that's obvious. And I'm in big trouble.

Roger: Oh, you're in big trouble? You're not the one who punched some sort of government weirdo back there.

Sonic: You think you have problems?! I lost my rings!

Roger: Rings? What are you talking about?

Sonic: Okay, rings are how all advanced cultures travel between worlds, and now mine are on top of a pointy building I've only ever seen on your skintight T-shirt.

Roger tries to say something, but he's at a loss for words.

Sonic: So, I'd like you to take me to London, so I can get back my rings and use them to get to the mushroom planet.

Roger: Mushroom planet?

Sonic: Yes!

Roger: Right...

Roger parks his car on the side of the road. Sonic looks confused.

Roger: *opens the door* Okay, pal. Out you go.

Sonic: I'm sorry, what?

Roger: Look, this is the worst possible time for me to get myself into trouble, okay? You asked me to save your life, I saved your life. Now, please... Go find your rings... and your mushroom land. Hopefully, I'm gonna wake up in a hospital bed and the doctor's gonna tell me that my colonoscopy was a big success. Okay? So, goodbye.

Sonic: Okay. Goodbye.

Roger: Goodbye.

He steps out of the vehicle, but doesn't move.

Roger: Why aren't you leaving?

Sonic: I don't know where London is.

Roger: It's Northwest.

Sonic: Northwest?

Roger: Diagonal shot, can't miss it.

Sonic: Fine. That's cool. I'm totally cool saying goodbye now.

The hedgehog then speeds away. Roger, convinced this is a dream, watches on, when Sonic suddenly stops just outside of the open passenger door. Seaweed and a fish are draped over the hedgehog. Roger is taken by surprise.

Sonic: So, as I crashed into the cold, dark water of the Atlantic, I realized a few things

Sonic: So, as I crashed into the cold, dark water of the Atlantic, I realized a few things. A: I have no idea where I'm going. B: Saltwater stings. C: I shouldn't even be on this planet right now, but I am. Why? Because you shot me.

Roger: *nods* I know.

Sonic: You shot me!

Roger: I-I heard you the first time. You don't have to... pile it on. Good grief...