"You're not Jimin? What do you mean?"

"I'm a girl."

They both freeze. Jungkook stops first, his hand pausing right from smacking into Jin's head.

"What?"

"Y-You're not hyung? You're Noona?" Jungkook breathes, his cheeks filling with air. "Oh my gosh, I have a Noona. Not a hyung, a Noona."

And I'm leaving.

I'm about to break that news as well when the door suddenly crashes open, showing Instructor V.

"I told you to pack." He says, his eyes sweeping across the room. "Why the hell is it taking so damn long?"

"We need to move to UDT base."

Jin nearly shrieks into my ear.

"UDT base?! You got promoted! What the heck, Jim— I mean, someone! You're leaving us?"

"Youmin. Let's go."

"Youmin?!"

I nod guiltily when Jungkook yells after Jin.

"My name's Youmin. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

He falters.

"Hyu— I mean, Noona— it's all good." Jungkook says, but he still looks stunned as he pats my shoulder. "Be safe at the base, okay? I'll try to come as soon as possible."

"Me, too."

Jin gives me his classic wink.

"Who knows? I might get promoted because of my looks."

_________________________

"I'm not your instructor anymore."

I turn back from the car window, blinking at what he'd just said.

"What?"

"Listen." He says, eyes fixed forward on the road. "You'll work as a pre-sniper on my team. That means I won't have as much time to instruct you."

I pale.

I'd thought that he'd stay and teach me. I was still so bad in so many categories.

"Your...team?"

"Yes."

He gives me a side glance.

"But I'll primarily work with you."

My face brightens in relief. I really didn't want to meet new people— because that was so pressuring.

I was just so new to this.

"What should I call you then?"

"Taehyung."

My mouth drops open a little bit, and I blush slightly as I just nod. Then I turn back to the window, testing the name on my tongue.

I wince.

It would feel so weird to call him by name.

Then his phone rings.

I think of it as nothing when he answers it at first, just thinking it's his colleague or something. But then he suddenly presses the pedal on the car, and I look at him in shock.

"Youmin. Get off." He says stiffly when we enter base grounds. "Now."

"What?"

He's getting his gun.