The (Unfortunately) Favorite Gift

"Your daughter is causing quite the commotion out there," Draco said with a grin as he came up behind Hermione, who was putting the last finishing touches on their daughter's cake.

"Oh yeah?" She laughed, looking over her shoulder at him. "What is she doing?"

"Harry is blaming her for giving Ginny baby fever, and Blaise is already placing bets on whether or not she or Pansy gets pregnant first," Draco said, shaking his head. "Not to mention Luna's  giving Blaise that look as well. He's trying very hard to ignore it but deep down I know he wants one too."

Hermione laughed again. "I have a feeling the first one will be Pansy; Ron's always wanted a child and Ginny's more willing to wait for Harry since she also has her quidditch career to worry about. Luna, however, is a wild card; I wouldn't actually be surprised if she gets pregnant first out of the three of them."

"Well either way, Aurelia has all of her aunts and uncles wrapped around her finger." Draco pressed a kiss to the side of Hermione's neck before leaning over her shoulder. "You know you can do that much faster with magic, right?"

"Yes, but then I couldn't do this as easily." She quickly reached up to smear a bit of icing on his nose while laughing.

He tried to dodge it but was unsuccessful, trying to wipe bright pink icing off his nose as he laughed with her. "Now I see where she gets her mischievousness from!"

"Oh, don't act like she doesn't get any of that from you either!" She retorted sticking her tongue out before swiping one last time with the pink icing. "Alright, done with the cake!"

"And it came out fantastic," He said proudly, smiling as he gently took the cake from her and took it out to the rest of the group while she followed.

"Cake time!" Hermione announced happily. 

"It looks wonderful, Hermione!" Luna said with a bright smile as she stood up from the couch. "Here, let me help serve."

"Thank you so much, Luna," Hermione said gratefully as they handed off the cake to Luna for serving before turning to the rest of the group. "Aright, how many presents do we have left for her to open?

"Looks like only a couple more," Draco said as he looked at the table that was previously full of presents of all sizes. "Between everyone here, she got enough presents to last for many birthdays!"

"And yet, still not as many as my cousin, Dudley, would get," Harry laughed.

Hermione chuckled at this as she looked around the room, putting her hands on her hips. "Alright, which one of you has run off with my daughter?"

Pansy suddenly appeared with Aurelia on her hip and a sheepish smile. "Sorry, 'Mione; she kept pointing at pictures and babbling about them. I couldn't resist going through all of them in the house with her."

After reluctantly handing the two-year-old off to her mother, Pansy went and sat back down next to Ron, pouting at him. He laughed slightly and wrapped an arm around her shoulders before saying something quietly to her that made her instantly light up and squeal slightly. 

Hermione smiled as she sat Aurelia gently on the ground and gave her one of the last presents, laughing with the rest of the group as her daughter gleefully tore through the wrapping paper.

"She's getting awfully good at making messes," Draco laughed as he magicked the paper into a ball and tossed it into the trash. 

There was another resounding laugh and Draco set the last present down in front of his daughter, smiling as she immediately started on that one.