③Why Are You Asking Me That?

Start from the beginning

"It'll be hard at first. I suggest that you sleep as late as possible tonight and wake up late too. Drinking a coffee before work could help too."

Jeongguk could tell he was experienced; he was too relaxed and smooth with his words. He had this aura of dominance and authority, which seemed to dangle on the limits of arrogance. It was something that maybe was a little too much for Jeongguk's liking. He nodded timidly nonetheless and waited for him to continue.

"It would be good to answer when someone is talking to you, you know," Taehyung said, a hint of irony mixed with seriousness in his tone. "Especially when you're talking to me or to customers in the VIP section."

"Yes, Mr... Um..."

"V. No Mr or whatever. Just V," he said strictly, and if Jeongguk wasn't already intimidated, he would be now by his somber expression and darkened gaze.

"Is this your real name?"

Taehyung arched a brow and waited with an amused smirk to see if he was in fact serious about his question. He studied his genuinely curious eyes in the silence that veiled them and shook his head with a snort. "No, little bun. It's not."

Jeongguk's parted lips made into an 'o' shape, and he nodded slowly as a small 'oh' escaped his mouth. "Then what's your real name?"

"It doesn't concern you. Everyone knows me as V and addresses me as V. And you should be worrying about your job and not asking me stupid things."

Jeongguk pressed his lips together in a thin line and cursed himself mentally for being so freaking awkward and oblivious. "Um, how much will you pay me?"

"How much do you expect?" The small amused smirk reappeared on his lips as he rocked his chair at a slow pace.

"Um, I don't... I don't know." He was throughout clueless about those things. Although Yoongi had told him that a good payment was around eight to nine hundred euros, almost no one was willing to give that much money.

"If I said I'll give you six hundred, would you take the job?"

The younger had to think about it. That amount of money sounded rather small given that he had to work for nine hours. "Um, isn't that a small amount?"

"I thought you said you didn't know," Taehyung snickered, clearly making fun of the timid boy, but Jeongguk was once again oblivious about it.

"Yes, but I'll be working for nine hours," he trailed off, his bottom lip jutting out in a pout.

Taehyung tilted his head back as he laughed in amusement. "Don't worry, little bun. You're lucky to be here because I always pay my employees good money. Your payment is €1.300, and of course, you keep all the tips."

Jeongguk's eyes popped in an instant as he gaped at him, dumbfounded. "That much?"

"Yes."

"Monthly?"

"Yes."

"Wow."

Taehyung snorted as he fished a piece of paper out of his drawer. "This is the contract you have to sign. It basically says that you cannot talk or question anything about what is happening in this club to anyone."

Jeongguk's brows pulled together in a frown as he took the contract in his hands. "Why, what is happening in this club?"

The silver-haired boy gave him a bored look and cocked his head to the side as he sighed. "If you break the rules of this contract, I have the power to sue you and even send you to jail. Even if you don't want to work here anymore and want to quit, I can still sue you if you share confidential information about this place. You can quit anytime, though."