③Why Are You Asking Me That?

Start from the beginning

"I'm twenty."

"Indeed so young," he uttered as he carried on scrutinizing the timid boy in front of him.

"I'll be twenty-one in a few months!" His voice rose in fear of not getting the job. "And I... I really need a job."

"Why do you need a job, Jeongguk?" he asked, rocking his chair from side to side. "A boy that young should be in college right now."

"It's a... It's a long story. My father threw me out of the house. We never really got along. I had to drop out of college because I didn't have money. And now I'm staying at a friend's house, but I want to make enough money so I can rent my own place."

"What were you studying?"

"Graphic design. I like drawing and photoshopping pictures and stuff."

"I see. But you don't even know what kind of job I'm offering. Are you that desperate?" A dangerous smirk curved the corner of his lips upwards.

"The other guy said something about you're looking for servers? And I will literally do anything that doesn't require me stripping or things like that." Jeongguk couldn't keep eye contact; the unrelenting, intense stare the silver-haired man was giving him had his heart pounding in his chest.

"I don't run that type of club, anyway." He leaned against the desk and held his hands together. "But I'll need you for the VIP section. Things are... a little different there."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean the ones who serve in the VIP section have to... keep company to our customers if they're asked to."

"I don't understand."

A throaty chuckle spewed from his mouth as he tilted his head back. "You're that innocent, huh? It means if a customer asks you to sit with them, you sit with them. If they ask you to talk to them, you talk to them. You can offer these services for only fifteen minutes, and of course, no one is allowed to touch you, and you're not allowed to touch anyone even if you're asked to. If something like this happens, you come to me, and I'll handle it."

"Um." He gulped thickly as he peeked at him. "I think I can do it."

"How sure are you, little bun?" he asked, voice low with something seductive coating it, but it passed unnoticed by Jeongguk since his mind malfunctioned at the pet name, which brought flushed circles on his cheeks. "Look at you all flustered by a pet name. I bet my friends will like you a lot."

Jeongguk couldn't find words to say. He had no idea what that meant, and he was horrified to ask. All he could do was pat his burning cheeks with the back of his hand — a habit of his whenever he didn't know what to say.

Taehyung peered at him, amusement glinting in his eyes. He had just found himself an endearing, innocent, little bunny, who would do anything he wanted. Kids like him were rare to find those days. "You'll be working from ten to five, but you will have to be here at nine to help with the preparations, and stay until six to help with the closing."

Jeongguk wasn't sure if he would be able to work at night, and it was something that totally slipped his mind. He was a person who loved to sleep and suddenly changing his sleep routine would be rather challenging.

"You look troubled, little bun. Are you sure you can do this?" Another deep chuckle resounded through the room that sent chills down Jeongguk's spine, even though he had already heard it before.

His question sounded more like a challenge to him, and his stubborn ass didn't know how to back down. He couldn't continue whining about not having a job. That guy just offered him one, and he would do whatever it took to get it. "I just... I've never worked at night, but I'll get used to it, I guess."