Prologue - The calm before the storm

"The fox has many tricks

"The fox has many tricks. The hedgehog has but one. But that is the best of all."

It was the year 2011 when her life went from painfully normal to extradorinaiy; supernatural even. She was simply completing her every-day run through the Beacon Hills forest. The worst part of it all is that she thought to herself before leaving the safe confines of her home, 'It is already starting to get a little bit dark maybe I should just stay home.' Yet, she did not stay home. In fact the girl did the opposite. She went into the forest and even though she had run the same route her entire life, the tiny blonde had managed to get lost. For she never dared to go on a run after dark ever before.
The poor girl had wandered around the forest for hours only managing to get herself more and more lost. She had been walking in circles trying to find any source of civilization but to no avail. The girl was so exhausted from the constant walking that she collapsed to the forest floor. So close to dosing off, her eyes jump open when she hears the clearing of someone's throat. Standing above the blonde is a tall handsome brunette, beast of a man with an enraged expression on his face. "What the hell are you doing on my lawn?" Startled at not only his intimating presence but also his harsh words she scrambles off the floor and starts to run the opposite way of the handsome yet terrifying man.
The blonde takes off in a full force sprint. Intent on not stopping until she is in her warm bed. Tears of frustration well in her eyes after she realizes he is much faster than her. The man is almost inhumanly fast. She realizes this to the full extent when she is tackled to the ground. The girl releases a whimper of pain from her back slamming into the ground when a large hand is clasped over her mouth almost immediately. "Shhh, we are not alone."
Her body goes rigid and chills run down the blondes back. The adrenaline while trying to get away from the brunette on top of her was too much that she had not realized the pair of glowing eyes staring at the two of them from behind the bushes. Her mind tries to piece together what she is seeing but she cannot piece together a reasonable explanation. For this reason she release an unsteady breath and asks, "W-what is that?" The brunette man ignores her question and barks "get on my back. Now."
The blonde girl tries to ponder the question but has no time to; when he throws her thin body like a rag doll onto his back. "Hold on." And then the forest passes her in a blur. She cries out as howling is heard from behind her and the man or the man looking thing speeds up even more than humanly possible. The man continues sprinting while the blonde silently cries attached to his back. She starts to be able to make out the things around her: and eventually he stops them outside of an abandoned looking house. "Where are we?" She croaks out desperate for some explanation about her night. "Safe."

Later on she would come to cherish this night with her whole heart, for this is the moment she met her protector Derek Hale.