Back to the Isles

Luz and Amity ran to the damaged house that Luz chased Owlbert into months ago. Amity pulled out the key and was about to lead them to the Boiling Isles when she stopped and noticed Luz.

"Do you want to go back and change, or do you plan on running everywhere in your pajamas?"

Luz looked down and realized she still had her PJ's on. Luz looked through her glyphs. She pulled one out and tapped it. Her body became enveloped in light blue and when it died down she was standing in her Hexside uniform.

"Is that how you got dressed every day?" Amity asked.

"Yes and no. I only am able to do it with my Hexside uniform. I can't figure out how to do it my normal clothes."

"Also, you introduced me as your 'friend'. Why?" Amity asked.

"I love my mom, but I don't know how she'd feel about me dating you."

"Does she not like-"

"No! It's not that. She is completely fine with LGBTQ couples. It's just... I'm the only family she has. She might be afraid that I'll get hurt."

Amity gave Luz a small kiss on the cheek and looked at her eyes.

"I promise I will never hurt you. Now come on let's go."

They open the door and land in the Boiling Isles.

"It feels good to...be...back. Whoa, this place is-"

"Destroyed? Looks horrible? Deserted?" Amity suggested.

"Yes, yes, and yes."

The market was empty, buildings were destroyed, and Hexside was encase by what looked like a giant cocoon that reached towards the sky.

"Amity, this all happened in only a day or two?"

"Yeah, I've never seen anything like it. I was hanging out with Boscha and Skara when it happened."

Two Days Ago:

Amity, Skara, and Boscha were walking towards Hexside when Boscha noticed Amity's attention elsewhere.

"Amity, don't tell me you're thinking about Luz again." Boscha said.

"Pfft, No! Why would I be thinking about her?" She said unconvincingly.

"Okay Amity. Hey, isn't that Luz over there?"

"Where?!"

Boscha and Skara laugh as Amity turn's around to look for her girlfriend. Amity quickly realized what they did and turned back to them, completely flustered.

"Not funny!"

"Amity, relax we're just messing with you. Luz said she'd be back next year. You can wait, can't you?" Skara asked before laughing again.

They stopped laughing as the ground started to shake. The three of them looked around and spotted a large group of different winged creatures flying upwards. They heard screams and saw small and large creatures chasing students. One of the flying creatures landed in front of the girls and sniffed them. It stood on its back legs and stretched its large wings as it let out an ear shattering roar. The wings reminded Amity of the flying reptile that Luz told her about, what was it? A Pteranodon? It got on its wings/front legs and looked back at the girls and they got a good look at its large saber-toothed canines. The three of them were backed against a wall as it slowly walked towards them. It was hit with a blast of fire to the head and turned to see Lilith standing nearby with her staff in hand.

"Don't mess with them." Lilith said.

It charged towards her and she placed her staff up as protection. The creature bit down on the staff and the two had a power struggle. Amity summoned an abomination and ordered it to charge at the creature. The creature bit into it and it was destroyed in a matter of seconds. It hit Lilith with its tail and sent her flying into a wall. It was about to sink its teeth into her when a bright blast of magic hit the back of its head. It was stunned and unable to see clearly.

"Sorry about that, but the only one allowed to torment my sister is me." Eda said, flying in on her staff.

"Edalyn?" Lilith asked groggily.

"Come on Lily, we got a monster to destroy."

Eda held out a hand to Lilith and helped her up. They looked towards the girls pressed against the wall.

"Alright kids, you have to get out of here." Eda said.

"We aren't going to leave you two to fight that thing!" Amity said.

"Yes, you are. If we can't beat it, you need to run and get help. Now go!" Lilith said.

The trio ran for a few minutes before Skara was swarmed by a pack of what looked like wolves made of shadows.

"Skara!" Boscha screamed.

"Run! Leave! I'll be ok." Skara said as she tried to fight them off.

Before they can run again Boscha was grabbed by a large black bird and flown away.

"Boscha!" Amity screamed while trying to run towards her screaming friend.

Boscha was quickly out of sight and Amity was out of breath. She heard a growl behind her and saw a large group of black dogs. She gulped as they lit themselves on fire.

"I've definitely heard of you. You're Hell Hounds, but you were supposed to be extinct."

They jumped at her and she started to run again. She continued to run until she made it to the one place she felt she would be safe. The Owl House. She ran inside and barricaded the door and then collapsed from exhaustion. She passed out on the floor and didn't wake until the next morning.