Healing

Luz laid Amity on the couch and got a better look at her. She wore her usual Hexside uniform but it was ripped and covered in blood. The biggest rip was on her stomach, where a large, 8 inch long, gash was. Luz placed a towel on Amity's gash to prevent any more blood loss.

"Mom, what do we do?"

"Mija, I don't know who this is, but I do know that with that much blood loss she won't make it."

"No! Don't say that! There has to be something we can do!"

"Mija, she won't make it to a hospital before she bleed's out. Unless you can magically heal her then she won't make it."

Luz suddenly got an idea and stood up.

"Keep the towel on her! I'll be right back."

She ran upstairs and a couple minutes later came down with a binder. She opened it and flipped through the papers.

"Let's see, no that's light, that's abominations, that's fire. I really should start organizing these. Here it is!"

She ripped the page out and placed it on Amity. She tapped it and it started to glow dark blue. Amity soon had the glow surround her body. The gash and any small cuts and bruises healed. Luz closed her binder and placed it on the coffee table. After a minute the glow died down and Amity woke up.

"Amity. Are you okay? What happened?"

"That's the question on everyone's mind. No one knows what happened, a day or two ago, these... creatures appeared on the Isles. I hid as well as I could but I was found. I managed to find the key the Owl Lady had to the human realm and came here to find you."

Mrs. Noceda let out a small cough to remind them that she was still there and required an explanation.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Mom this is my friend, Amity Blight. She's a... witch."

Mrs. Noceda didn't look like she believed it until Amity did a small light spell. After a brief explanation she spoke.

"So instead of going to camp, you went to another dimension to become a witch?"

"Well it was most was because an owl stole my book. The whole 'becoming a witch' part was just a bonus."

"You didn't think to tell me this!?"

"Would you believe me if I did?!"

Amity just watched the mother daughter scream fight for a few minutes until she remembered why she came here.

"As much as I'd like to see you two yell at each other we have other things to worry about."

"You're right. Mom you wanted me to make friends. Well now that I have them, they need my help. I'm going with Amity, whether you like it or not!"

Mrs. Noceda has never seen her daughter so adamant about anything before. She knew she couldn't stop Luz.

"Please be safe...my little witch."

"I will mom." Luz hugged her mother before say, "I promise."

Luz grabbed her glyphs and ran out the door with Amity. Mrs. Noceda let out a sigh and turned around. To her horror she saw someone she hoped to never see again.

"Hello Camilia."

"W-what are you doing here?"

She was hit with a hard punch and fell to the ground, unconscious.

"How's our daughter been?"